Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Mybb] Forum Locked but Google ?
Forum cannot be viewed by guests. But how to make bots to see the forum content ? What group is best and safe for him and me ?
Make a new group for bots?? I believe what you're trying to do is called cloaking, giving Google access to things that guests can't see, if Google get wise to it they'll lower your rankings.
MyBB Support Team Lead
basically if you lock the forum to guest, you will loose rank in google ? Confused

what limited rights can i give to bots for best?
(03-05-2010, 01:05 AM)jumik Wrote: basically if you lock the forum to guest, you will loose rank in google ? Confused

No that's not what I said, if you lock the forum to guests but let Google see it, you might do. It's giving Google a false impression of what guests can see.
MyBB Support Team Lead
The other problem is that if you let search engine spiders view your forum but not guests then people can just view the search engine cache to view the post any way. Personally if guests need to register to view forums then I just view it in cache and never visit that site again. If I go on a site which has plenty of great posts that I can view then I am likely to register.
MyBB Support team member.
[Image: smallsig.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [MyBB] Problems after forum migration m1n3rman 2 1,243 07-04-2013, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Wolf
  myBB Forum Permission Cache Error - Crippling My Forum CruciasNZ 1 939 04-24-2013, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Kevin Cheri
  MYBB FORUM PERSISTENT ISSUE WITH LOGGING IN caclarkfrieson 10 4,681 06-02-2012, 03:22 PM
Last Post: caclarkfrieson
  MyBB forum board logo centered? Graveee 4 2,848 11-29-2011, 05:47 AM
Last Post: D3xus
  Mybb forum is infected brett7 1 1,264 10-27-2011, 09:40 PM
Last Post: MarkW7