Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tutorial: Installing Ubuntu/Basics of Ubuntu
Here is a six hour tutorial for you guys. :/

About Ubuntu
NOTE: I could not cover the full in depthness of what Ubuntu actually is, but I provided the available features below.

Obtaining Ubuntu

Installing Ubuntu

Debian Terminal

Basic Programs

[1]Virtual Machine:

[2]Distribution:

[3].ISO:

[4]BASH:

[5]Privileges:

* You can dowload VMWare here

** You can dowload FreeISOBurner here

NOTE: I can't promise that these are Virus free because I don't know.
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will.
.::The Rights of Man::.
Just finished reading, thanks for this. You clearly put a great deal of time into tutorial and I appreciate it. Smile
[Image: tje1.png]
Holy crap nice tut. Looks very detailed and informative. I will try it once i get my new PC Smile
[Image: izsyo6.jpg]

Nice post dude!
I'd much rather see it implemented. Really defeats the purpose of the tutorial. :/
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will.
Always get conky and dockbarx when getting ubuntu, it's the best thing to get on it.
[Image: HFTOTW2DR.png]

(01-10-2010, 07:25 AM)iR00T Wrote: Always get conky and dockbarx when getting ubuntu, it's the best thing to get on it.
That's opinionated. This tutorial is for basics and installation. I might discuss fine-tuning later on.
(01-10-2010, 08:30 AM)Аноним Интерфейс Wrote: That's opinionated. This tutorial is for basics and installation. I might discuss fine-tuning later on.

This is a good tutorial but since I done those steps....
I would like some fine-tuning stuff ;)
(01-10-2010, 08:31 AM)Master of the Universe Wrote: This is a good tutorial but since I done those steps....
I would like some fine-tuning stuff ;)
I guess another 6hrs won't hurt.... Unsure
Sounds good Big Grin I'll be waiting.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [TUT] Create your own PPTP VPN using Ubuntu Linux Kotto*N[ix]mouth 12 10,005 04-22-2013, 06:10 AM
Last Post: marwan83
  Help me to install skype + yahoo messenger on Ubuntu aminmusa 13 6,128 04-08-2012, 08:53 AM
Last Post: aminmusa
  Switching to Ubuntu Miku 10 2,647 04-06-2012, 09:02 PM
Last Post: 4Y4T3M
  Ubuntu Installtion~~~ ///ViNcE 1 993 02-29-2012, 10:11 PM
Last Post: ///ViNcE
  How to remote desktop from Ubuntu to XP? aminmusa 4 1,691 02-09-2012, 12:43 PM
Last Post: aminmusa