Thread Rating:
  • 60 Vote(s) - 4.42 Average
Moderator Applications
If you are interested in being a moderator on SF please make a reply and answer these questions.

I ask that you do not post in this thread anything but applications.

1. Are you at least 16 years old?
2. What time zone are you in (GMT -/+X)
3. What's your internet connection speed?
4. What topics interest you most at SF?
5. How many hours per week can you moderate?
6. How would you utilize your time as a moderator?
7. Are you able to keep a level head while performing moderator duties?

Thank you.
1. Are you at least 16 years old? Yes 18
2. What time zone are you in (GMT -/+X) GMT -500
3. What's your internet connection speed? 5mb
4. What topics interest you most at SF? virus infection, fun stuff, internet connection help, pc security mainly.
5. How many hours per week can you moderate? weekdays i can moderate from 5pm-9pm. weekends anytime really.
6. How would you utilize your time as a moderator? I would read over every post and thread to make sure its appropriate along with helping others that have questions of what i have knowledge of, or finding a way to help.
7. Are you able to keep a level head while performing moderator duties? yes, very calm and easy to get along with.
1. Are you at least 16 years old? No I turn 16 next March.

2. What time zone are you in (GMT -/+X) GMT -5:00

3. What's your internet connection speed? It's not too impressive...

[Image: 582745463.png]

4. What topics interest you most at SF? Probably the Graphic Design forum and the Webmaster section.

5. How many hours per week can you moderate? Pretty much every weekday after 5 and a lot of weekends for most of the day.

6. How would you utilize your time as a moderator? Mostly keeping the forum semi-neutral (diffusing arguments and such) and keeping out low-quality posts. I'd definitely make sure that it's a place where people really can get support.

7. Are you able to keep a level head while performing moderator duties? Absolutely.
Robert Picard
http://www.rpicard.net
1. Are you at least 16 years old? Yes, I'm 16.

2. What time zone are you in (GMT -/+X) I'm central time (12:24PM) -5:00GMT

3. What's your Internet connection speed? 10Meg cable.

4. What topics interest you most at SF? Anything computers, and I love to help others

5. How many hours per week can you moderate? I can moderate all day on weekends, and on weekdays I'm good from 4:15PM to 12:00AM Probably around 75 hours+.

6. How would you utilise your time as a moderator? I would lock a thread if deemed necessary. I would do anything that omni asks. I would also abide by rules, and happily assist moderators if a spam attack ever occured. I would break up flame wars, I would also recommend a ban if necessary.

7. Are you able to keep a level head while performing moderator duties? Why of course. I would not be applying if I had a mental instability. I have the realisation that this is the Internet and people may get out of hand so I must keep said level head to keep the place under control.

I also have some past experience on other forums that are now dead, unfortunately. But I am very familiar with being a moderator. Also, I have experience with back end server management so if there is any issues, I'm there to help solve them. I've built computers so I have enough experience to help others, too.
If you have any problems with the forum, feel free to email me via the User CP, or send me a Private Message.
1. Are you at least 16 years old-Yes
2. What time zone are you in (GMT -/+X)-GMT+3
3. What's your internet connection speed?-10 MB/s
4. What topics interest you most at SF?-Omni's Secret Hidden Inside Tricks-PC Hardware Help and Desktop Support-Laptop and Netbook Help
5. How many hours per week can you moderate?-5-7 on weekdays(school Sad )8-9 on weekends.
6. How would you utilize your time as a moderator?-Helping members with their problems,fighting spam,flame and rage,and giving the appropriate attention to those who need it.
7. Are you able to keep a level head while performing moderator duties?-Yes
1. Are you at least 16 years old? Yes.
2. What time zone are you in (GMT -/+X) GMT-5
3. What's your internet connection speed? 30Mbps/5Mbps
4. What topics interest you most at SF? Everything in the Computer Support category, PHP in the Coding Support category, Java in the coding support category and Database Programming in the Coding Support category.
5. How many hours per week can you moderate? Plenty - can't really put a real amount of hours, but I'd definitely be on every day for at least 6-7 hours a day.
6. How would you utilize your time as a moderator? Well, by helping people and keeping the forum clean?
7. Are you able to keep a level head while performing moderator duties? 'Course.

Oh, and just to add: I do have plenty of past experience - moderating games and the like, and I've been a good moderator in the past - so why not now? Tongue
1. No
2.-5:00
3.http://www.speedtest.net/result/582832184.png
4.Laptop and Netbook Help,Microsoft Support,Networking, Wifi, and Internet Connection Help
5.weekdays 4-8 weekends 12-9
6.make sure the rules are followed and the forum is good place tp learn.
7.yes. i will use my best judgment and keep a level head. I am willing to give 100% for the forum and just wish to help make a great learning environment.
I am 18 in December.
GMT+1
The speeds vary from time to time between 5 and 10 mb, if you would like an exact connection speed, I will provide you with one.
PC Hardware Help and Desktop Support, Home Entertainment Support and Virus Infection and Trojan Assistance.
25-45 hours a week, 5-10 hours a day.
I would make sure that the forums are kept in an orderly manner, free from spam, flaming and uneccessary replies. I would maintain a friendly attitude and assist members with whatever problems and queries they may have, no matter how big or small the situation.
Most definitely, I feel as though I would be able to use my past experience with running forums as an advantage. I am very interested in moderating this site and I feel as though I will do a great job, my determination and dedication will lead me through.
[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

I am.

GMT-5

Anywhere from 4 to 9 mbits/s depending on the time of day.

PC Hardware Help and Desktop Support
Microsoft Support
Linux, FreeBSD, and Unix
Networking, Wifi, and Internet Connection Help
Java Programming

~25 hours a week

I would try my best to keep the forum free of spam, disgusting images, illegal content and unnecessary flaming. I would also go over users reports and act accordingly.

I am a very calm person by nature and have never done something without thinking it through. In an event of an argument, I try to look at the problem from both sides, leaving my subjectivity aside.
1. Are you at least 16 years old? I'm 18.
2. What time zone are you in (GMT -/+X) GMT-5
3. What's your internet connection speed? 8mbps
4. What topics interest you most at SF? All programming topics, Linux, and Windows.
5. How many hours per week can you moderate? About 45-60 hours per week. Pretty flexible, if need be.
6. How would you utilize your time as a moderator? I would try to assist the forum's members in any way I can. Also, of course, enforce the rules provided, and try to keep spam/flaming at a minimum.
7. Are you able to keep a level head while performing moderator duties? Yes, I can perform them discretely and without bias.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Way To Restore Old Quicken Applications Without Paying For This Again With The He jamesbrownn 0 792 02-25-2019, 02:09 AM
Last Post: jamesbrownn
  PLEASE DELETE MODERATOR Laughynose 10 2,321 06-04-2011, 02:47 PM
Last Post: Solidus
  MODERATOR PLEASE DELETE, DISCUSSION COMPLETED Laughynose 47 9,652 06-02-2011, 10:32 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Skill's One Year Anniversary as a Moderator Skill 22 4,631 10-28-2010, 01:12 PM
Last Post: Skill
  Lack Of Moderator Presence Lately? Fragma 20 5,273 09-17-2010, 04:55 PM
Last Post: NekoChan