Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to choose the right linux distro
I have seen a lot of threads about choosing the right linux distro that suits you best, so i decided to share.
http://www.zegeniestudios.net/ldc/
click "Take Test", and it will ask you a series of questions, ultimately deciding the linux distro best for you.
All credit goes to:
www.zegeniestudios.net
Blackhat
[Image: izsyo6.jpg]

To be honest its either Ubuntu, Federa, or Mint Tongue.
If your Linux curious try:

http://distrowatch.com/

It'll give you a quick run down of the 100 most popular distros plus links to the home pages...
Slackware 13/ArchLinux - C/Assem/Python
Nice find.. Suggested Mint, Ubuntu, Fedora and loads of others..
[Image: mint.png]
Thanks for sharing, i'm about switching to Linux .. but I can't decide what kind of Linux to get. This might help me. Smile
I took the test: 100% on openSUSE, PCLinuxOS, Mandriva, Ubuntu, Mint, Kubuntu, 95% Xandros, 90% Knoppix ... Big Grin If someone did not know what Unix to use you now only have 6 choices left. Big Grin Pretty good Tongue
Mandriva mate. Trust me. Its a kick ass distro. Unlimited options etc.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Ubuntu suits me well, i just read threads about how other experience each,..
I think ubuntu is the best for linux beginners (being one myself) Ubuntu is just made for beginners. When you get to know the linux environment better you will decide whether you need a different distro - it depends for what you need it.
Verum quaere et insaniam inveni
(01-01-2010, 05:02 AM)Asha Kaeed Wrote: I think ubuntu is the best for linux beginners (being one myself) Ubuntu is just made for beginners. When you get to know the linux environment better you will decide whether you need a different distro - it depends for what you need it.

Agreed.

I used that Linux Distro Choosers when I first got into Linux, it was great. It helped out and gave me exactly what I wanted.
At the top will be the same place you hang from.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some body tell me what distro this is? RDCA 18 3,882 04-04-2011, 05:07 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Quickest Linux Distro? Beano 13 7,858 01-29-2011, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Epicly
  Threat Kit: Lightweight Pen Testing Distro killerdoob420 0 2,576 01-15-2011, 09:44 AM
Last Post: killerdoob420
  Etymology of A Distro Eugene 6 1,630 07-18-2010, 05:35 AM
Last Post: Eugene
  Best distro for web developers and designers...? Dr.Viper 8 2,302 01-25-2010, 08:44 PM
Last Post: DAMINK™