Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My New Server
I need help in finding out if my server is running properly. And I can't give too many details because I don't know what you need to find out if it indeed working properly. So if anyone can help me, I'd much appreciate it.
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will.
.::The Rights of Man::.
What do you want to find out in order to ascertain that your server is running "properly"? Are you using a control panel of some kind, and what do you intend to use this server for?

A little more information will be greatly appreciated - from there, I hope that I can help out a bit more! Smile
(12-28-2009, 12:33 PM)vividWire Wrote: What do you want to find out in order to ascertain that your server is running "properly"? Are you using a control panel of some kind, and what do you intend to use this server for?

A little more information will be greatly appreciated - from there, I hope that I can help out a bit more! Smile
I want to know if I can reach my computer from anywhere in the world. The control panel I am using is a program called webmin. And I am using it as a proxy/ssh/ftp/html/(hopefully)mail server. I am running Ubuntu9.10. Is that what you needed to know?
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will.
Is it a local server?

Do you have SSH access?
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
(12-31-2009, 07:47 AM)Grizzly Wrote: Is it a local server?

Do you have SSH access?
Yes.
Here
Well, it appears to be working as I can access it.
Yep its up and running mate.
If you want to make it restricted to only people you want then why not password protect your root address using webmin?
Or make your own of course.
Here is an example http://www.damink.com.au/bbclone/ Its just a simple bblcone setup but i have it password protected.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Protip: It's called a HTTP server, not a HTML server.
[Completely Honest. Seriously.]

Protip: Anonymous Reputation Points are for Pussies
HTTP displays HTML. There. He wins.
(01-02-2010, 07:05 PM)Grizzly Wrote: HTTP displays HTML. There. He wins.

not necessarily
[Completely Honest. Seriously.]

Protip: Anonymous Reputation Points are for Pussies