Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How hard is it to custom build a laptop?
Mmm, I personally wouldn't go with that, but I'm used to running pretty "hardcore" applications.
I would aim for something that is Dual core, minimum 1.8GHZ. 1.6 is too slow. If you get a dual core ATOM it may be decent. As the range is from about .8 to 2 GHZ. But a dual 1.6 should be sufficient. I have used a single 1.6 and its crap, so crap.
The main thing about those processors is the power management. They are very power efficient when used correctly.
hmm idk if you can see this because youre from australia but ill try anyways
Of course I can see it! Were not that out of technological advancments!
My friend actually has that computer! With 4gb of ram, it is very slow. I would advise against it.

haha i didnt mean because a lack of technological advances. i said that because on some sites they're different for each country, like best buy.
but anyways, here is one that looked like a really good deal to me
Well, that ticked all my boxes. It should do well by you! Thats a pretty good computer and will probably last a fair while before it just gets so outdated that you will need to replace.
well thanks for your help...ill let you know if i get it or not
No worries.
I'm not an expert but it seems it would be really hard personally.
(12-26-2009, 09:50 PM)MikexNemesis14 Wrote: wow tech support in the US? i live here and all my tech support is overseas somewhere.
i see that like all the netbooks have the intel atom 1.6 ghz processer...is that good? (probably a stupid question since they all have it)

NO! They suck! Absolutely worst underpowered processors in the history of computers (ok, that may be a bit of an exageration, but I'm not so sure about that.)
[Image: MajorDav3.png]
Its probably hard depending on it.