Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apache + MyBB + co.cc?
(01-01-2010, 05:54 AM)Grizzly Wrote: The extension has nothing to do with your search engine position.

Dont agree with that at all.
If you have example.com and example.co.cc you trying to tell me content alone will dictate position? Taking away other factors like backlinks etc.
Just the 2 domains side by side. The .com will rank higher period.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

A co.cc is a subdomain and a .com is a domain. Both a domain and a sub domain start off with the same ranking. Unless the .com has a different IP address because they are given high priority on some engines for a couple of weeks.

Basically it shouldn't matter much, with a .com you might have a better start but overall it should be around the same.
(01-01-2010, 05:02 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: Dont agree with that at all.
If you have example.com and example.co.cc you trying to tell me content alone will dictate position? Taking away other factors like backlinks etc.

That is exactly what I'm telling you. Read up on SEO man, I've researched that topic before.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
(01-02-2010, 03:44 AM)Grizzly Wrote: That is exactly what I'm telling you. Read up on SEO man, I've researched that topic before.

Fair call. I cant claim to be an expert.
But from where i sit i dont agree man.

But leave it at that i guess.
I would buy up on them big time if there such good domains though.
Although .co.cc is free isnt it?
Never mind. Get free subbies then.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Lol. Yeah, I'm no expert but it's just from my reading and a reply I got back from google about a year ago about SEO. So at least with Google it's really about the content. I saw a .tk at the top of a search about 4 months ago with the 4th place a .com of the exact same name. That was when I actually bought into it.
As I said a subdomain starts at the same rank as a domain unless the domain is on another IP because some search engines favor that and give them a head start for maybe a few weeks.
There are multiple configurations you could try, from what I remember.
1) no-ip only provides a subdomain with the A record pointing at your box.
2) .co.cc gives you full DNS control over your subdomain

So I don't know what will happen if you just set up a CNAME record on your .co.cc domain and point it at your no-ip subdomain, if they have a DNS cache to save server load from doing the constant lookups and your IP changes a lot, you're screwed because it'll take a while for the entries to actually update.
[Completely Honest. Seriously.]

Protip: Anonymous Reputation Points are for Pussies
(01-01-2010, 05:02 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: Dont agree with that at all.

i agree with this. but it does not affect it that seriously.
It doesn't effect it at all.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  annoying apache problem jfmherokiller 9 1,825 10-27-2010, 08:03 PM
Last Post: haphazard
  Apache 2.2 and PHP 5.2.11 Gonzo 3 1,128 10-27-2010, 08:01 PM
  Installing .php, mysql and apache on Ubuntu [Help] haphazard 0 668 10-27-2010, 08:00 PM
  Apache Fail. manipulate 0 645 10-30-2009, 04:23 AM
Last Post: manipulate