Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[Release] rbShell 0.8
Hey guys.

I wanted to take this chance to show you some of our (Pyrite Design)'s software. So I thought I start of with some of our Free Products.

I know this isn't in the right section, but there isn't a Software Release section or a Ruby Section.

Program Name:
rbShell.

Version:

Price:
Free.

Developers:
  • Mark H
  • Felicia S

Description:
Mixing the power of Ruby with your system's command prompt.

What does it do?
What does it do?
Ever used the terminal? Or even command prompt on windows? Ever thought it's not enough power and flexability? Well RubySH is for you, it uses your system commands as well as being able to run ruby commands as well. For Example:

RubySH $ echo Hello World!
=> hi

[Felicia@Felix:/] $ Puts RUBY_PLATFORM
=> i386-linux

Notice the prompts are different? You can customize your prompt easy, just by editing your .RubySH_conf file in your home directory.

Windows: C:\Documents and settings\user
Linux: /home/user
Mac: ?

Just edit the line that starts with Prompt=.
By editing this line you will change the prompt RubySH uses. The line default for:

Windows: Prompt="RubySH $ "
Linux&Mac: Prompt="[".blue + "#{ENV['USER']}" + "@" + "#{Socket.gethostname}" + ":".blue + "#{Dir.getwd}" + "]".blue + " $ "

Also notice there are colours? The colours are used to show.

Errors
Information
Important Messages
Things of interest

License:
This program is under the GPLv2 License.

Readme and Documentation:
Can be found here.

Download Link can be found Here. Please note, you must be a Registered Member to download.

To see some Screenshots and the full original Post, please check it out here.

Thanks!
At the top will be the same place you hang from.
What does it do?
Sorry, I want to know what the thing does....
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will.
.::The Rights of Man::.
Oops, terribly sorry guys. I forgot to mention the most important thing, haha. Added to the original post ;)
Ahh niiice. Good work for the people that developed it.
(12-22-2009, 11:55 PM)trilobyte- Wrote: Oops, terribly sorry guys. I forgot to mention the most important thing, haha. Added to the original post ;)
I think it is very innovative; but for me personally, I have no use for it... sorry!Non
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will.
No problem, thanks for the feedback. Smile
I'll be releasing our other software when it is on the Site and ready for download. It includes such things as an SOE Updater and a Port Scanner.
(12-23-2009, 12:00 AM)trilobyte- Wrote: No problem, thanks for the feedback. Smile
I'll be releasing our other software when it is on the Site and ready for download. It includes such things as an SOE Updater and a Port Scanner.
Aye, now that on the other hand is more personally useful! I can't wait!

EDIT: REMEMBER: Port scanners are illegal!!
Thats freakin bullshit. He didn't have malicious intent, and he seems to be the first case! He wasn't breaking the law for something bad, he should have been let off with a warning.
(12-23-2009, 12:02 AM)Аноним Интерфейс Wrote: Aye, now that on the other hand is more personally useful! I can't wait!

EDIT: REMEMBER: Port scanners are illegal!!

It's not illegal if you don't do illegal stuff with it.
If I was to scan my Own ports, I wouldn't be taken to jail. It's only illegal if you're stupid.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Release] rbShell 1.12.4 Wolskie 2 1,926 12-13-2010, 10:57 PM
Last Post: Bursihido
  [Release] rbShell 1.12 Wolskie 2 1,569 04-13-2010, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Jordan L.
  [Release] rbShell 0.12 Jordan L. 6 1,974 01-13-2010, 08:40 PM
Last Post: Jordan L.