Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DreamHost Limited Special
My friend gave me the link and thought this was amazing.
Quote:Happy Holidays from DreamHost! It's a time for giving and spending time with people that matter. And of course Web hosting makes the perfect gift!

Save over $110 on one year of web hosting with unlimited disk space and bandwidth!

Sign up today for a risk-free trial of a one-year hosting plan using the promotional code "777" and you'll get an entire year of web hosting (including a domain registration) for just $9.24! That's 92% off our normal pricing!

Sign up now and you'll be on your way toward the most features, the greenest commitment, the most openness, and the craziest blog in Web Hosting

http://www.dreamhost.com/limited-time-sa...n-now.html

However it does say Unlimited Bandwidth and Disk space but you also get a free domain registration. I'm not sure if I should give in with the great deal just b/c of recent incidents with a web hosting company offering something similar to this. What is your opinion on it?
I'd say go with it, depending on your site. If it is the site you've been having problems with, don't take it, but, to start a new site go ahead, what's the worse that will ahppen? You loose 10 bucks?

Dreamhost is ok. They're not bad, they're not great, but, they're good enough for $10. Just make sure you find out what the terms are for that domain, and about transferring it away, or what happens if you move hosts.

Still a good offer though.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
It is a good offer, ive heard really mixed reviews from them though, might aswell try it out.
I'm an ex-Dreamhoster...before I started in the hosting business, I used them back in the days of '07. I rather like their strange custom control panel, and when they weren't having hardware, software or networking difficulties (which gradually ate into their uptime statistics), I guess that they were a rather good host. They were certainly honest, and willing to admit where they had made faults, and compensated from downtime.

My only two issues with them, despite overselling, is the fact that they can be prone to unreliability at times, and support took an outrageous amount of time to respond to me - they never exceeded the 24 hour mark, but they got pretty close to it on multiple occasions!

All in all, if you're talking about a personal, small business or forum site that will survive with a few "moments", and if you want to go with an honest but big provider, I'd say that they are a perfectly good choice.

Please tell us how you get along if you pick them! Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DreamHost? Chief 5 987 11-18-2011, 02:19 AM
Last Post: WTC
  Question to DreamHost customers timestandstill 0 513 08-06-2010, 01:55 PM
Last Post: timestandstill
  Anyone want a DreamHost "Invitation"? timestandstill 4 695 06-04-2010, 07:14 PM
Last Post: timestandstill