Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ubuntu?
I have thought about looking into this, and was wondering, is it any good? I want to know if I can remove it if I don't want it as well. Does any one know about it? I will look into it further I suppose.
[Image: ilovewindows.png]
If you install it along aside Windows, it will be easy to uninstall with add and remove (or the uninstall.exe in side the Ubuntu folder), I don't have that much experience with Linux, I've tried Ubuntu and Kubuntu, but I have to say, I'm still a Windows fan.

When you install it, it would be best to install around 5 gig or so, you don't really need much more, cause you should have it on your Windows partition, the 5 gig is just for programs really, I haven't had much luck with Ubuntu, my desktop PC, has an old graphics card, and displayed it in 600x400 resolution and wouldn't allow me to display any higher, some guy on Ubuntu forums write a script for me to fix this, but however the top of Windows with the Minimize, Maximize and close, would not display after that, and the problem with having it on my laptop is, the wireless, it detected my Modem, but couldn't connect to it, maybe you'll have better luck though, Kubuntu worked Ok on my Laptop, but it's just not the same as Windows, I still recommend trying it though.

You can order a free disc on there website, it just takes a few weeks, as it's free postage, it's very good to keep one handy, as you can get onto your PC without installing it with the demo version and save some files if your Windows fails to boot due some problems.
(12-17-2009, 06:30 PM)iHeartWindows Wrote: I have thought about looking into this, and was wondering, is it any good? I want to know if I can remove it if I don't want it as well. Does any one know about it? I will look into it further I suppose.
I've had over 100 OS's on my PC over that last 7months, I think your best bet is ubuntu. And you can install it along side your windows OS. If you have any installation questions let me know.

@Cida,
Why so black?
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will.
.::The Rights of Man::.
Just one question. How do I install it without a disk?
http://www.ubuntu.com/GetUbuntu/download

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WubiGuide
Thanks guys.
If you used the Wubi installer, all you have to do is go to the Add/Remove programs in control panel and delete it.
(12-21-2009, 10:18 PM)Synny Wrote: If you used the Wubi installer, all you have to do is go to the Add/Remove programs in control panel and delete it.

The only problem I have with wubi is drivers. For some reason my hardware drivers do NOT show up when I use wubi.
[Image: rbwq3a.png]
witch drivers are these

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Get Ubuntu 11.04 >>Upgrade from Ubuntu 10.10 aminmusa 15 7,067 04-25-2011, 02:06 AM
Last Post: aminmusa
  [ubuntu v=9.10]Apache2 errors[/ubuntu] jfmherokiller 10 3,683 11-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Last Post: haphazard
  Tutorial: Installing Ubuntu/Basics of Ubuntu Canoris 16 9,212 05-31-2010, 05:31 PM
Last Post: Natha