Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Emotional support area.
I have noticed recently people are going off topic in the emotional support area and even to the point of arguing.
I was wondering if the rules could be stiffened a little in this area.
Not trying to be anal or pick on any member. I am as guilty as anyone.
I just feel particularly in this area we should allow the OP to maintain control of the thread and only people that can help in some way post or perhaps there post gets thrown into a rubbish bin of sorts?
The reason i say this is some people may be reaching out for help and to people who don't understand this it could be interpreted as weak or stupid or whatever. And for the emotional support to work it needs to maintain an element of maturity so people feel comfortable discussing there problems.
Just thought i would put it out there for debate?
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

(12-17-2009, 05:39 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: I just feel particularly in this area we should allow the OP to maintain control of the thread

Yeah I think thats a good idea, allow the OP to specify rules for their thread and disallow members from further commenting in their thread if they are not being constructed. All there needs to be is a template for this in a sticky.
MyBB Support team member.
[Image: smallsig.png]
I noticed that too, and even if I try, I plead guilty too! Tongue
Now the OP still has the Report button, s/he can report posts that seem not helpful... or totally off topic!
But no one does it! I would feel bad going on reporting posts in a thread that wasn't made by me...

edit:
What you could do is post the links to the thread you noticed that!
I agree fully.
[Image: vhc689.jpg]
do noт мaĸe мe мad. ι wιll ĸιll yoυ.
-rep me if you want to get banned! please!
Anonymous rep is for freakin cowards!
Yea sorry i did not mean literal control more the ability to respond to every post independently or together in whatever fashion they see fit.
Not any control beyond that. Its the staffs job in reality.
But if a member was to make a thread and reply 20 times lets say then i don't think its spamming rather replies to each post etc.
Dunno just thought i would throw it out there and see what the response was.
The Rules!

So that's the point, very few threads in Emotional section have real discussion about the problem/topic.....
I guess if you have a real problem you can respond with a real message not one-liners....
But you also need to see that the OP was probably thinking hard about the first message and was not really going into the problem, then all s/he can do is a bad response!
(12-17-2009, 05:58 AM)Master of The Universe Wrote: So that's the point, very few threads in Emotional section have real discussion about the problem/topic.....
I guess if you have a real problem you can respond with a real message not one-liners....
But you also need to see that the OP was probably thinking hard about the first message and was not really going into the problem, then all s/he can do is a bad response!

Yea i hear ya. Its a difficult one i know.
Simple example would be an OP posting whatever and then 20 replies and no response from the OP to the point of annoyance almost.
Appreciate the feedback.
The Rules!

We originally wanted to enforce the rules a little harder in that section, and we'll have to start cleaning up the rubbish posts, as you said. Thank goodness there hasn't been any flaming or trolling in that section as of yet. (That I have seen)
PM me for private, confidential support.
I agree; I offered to mod the area in the Mod Applications thread. And plus I think that people should get the help they need and not idiocy in the sec.
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will.
.::The Rights of Man::.
I con cure

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What should be done in the Computing area Aura 17 2,787 10-11-2014, 04:29 PM
Last Post: Aura
  Email Notification for Emotional Support Peter L 31 8,068 05-07-2011, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Peter L
  [Suggestion] Emotional 'Support' Reality 7 1,443 10-02-2010, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Omniscient
  Sub-Section in Emotional Support Reality 12 1,729 09-20-2010, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Flawless
  Anonymous posting for Emotional Support? daneasaur 36 5,061 06-01-2010, 02:51 AM
Last Post: Elektrisk