Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marking Threads [RESOLVED]
Ive got a simple idea , how about when a topic is "resolved" place a button to mark the topic title resolved. Obviously only the topic starter can resolve there thread.

Example:

Topic title - I need computer help?

Topic title when resolved - [RESOLVED]I need computer help?

This obviously lets the user know the topic is resolved and no further help is needed.

Just an idea , even if the thread starters edit there first post when they get the answer there looking for.
The topic creator can just go back and edit the title, but I see what you are saying.

This would make an interesting plugin if the thread starter could have a check box when editing that said "Resolved" and if checked, the title would change to "[Resolved] Title" and the thread would close. I'm always really annoyed when people post in my threads after they have been resolved. Closing the thread would prevent that.
Robert Picard
http://www.rpicard.net
(12-14-2009, 08:53 AM)Rob Wrote: The topic creator can just go back and edit the title, but I see what you are saying.

This would make an interesting plugin if the thread starter could have a check box when editing that said "Resolved" and if checked, the title would change to "[Resolved] Title" and the thread would close. I'm always really annoyed when people post in my threads after they have been resolved. Closing the thread would prevent that.

yea just something to think about and maybe implement sometime Victoire
Can only edit a post after 24 hours. However, report to a mod requesting it to be closed and you'll be fine. Personally I would prefer to be able to close our own threads.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
(12-14-2009, 09:52 AM)Grizzly Wrote: Can only edit a post after 24 hours. However, report to a mod requesting it to be closed and you'll be fine. Personally I would prefer to be able to close our own threads.

I agree. Maybe members over a certain post threshold, like 400 or 500 would be a good number.
Robert Picard
http://www.rpicard.net
I have thought about this and I'm thinking of a method I can use to implement it.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
This was brought up before, and it was turned down then, because Omni said he wanted to keep the thread going incase someone else had that problem or had a comment to add. But I guess he's changed his mind.
PM me for private, confidential support.
As starter of this topic i didnt mention anything about closing the threads , i simply said create a button to mark the thread resolved , by doing this is lets the member know that the topic is resolved but still gives them the option to reply.
Sounds good. I like the idea, as long as the member who posted it can also "resolve" it when they get the answer.
[Image: ilovewindows.png]
Yea only the member who posts the topic can reslove it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Add: View My Threads Eternal. 11 2,679 10-14-2014, 12:00 AM
Last Post: Autopost
  Regarding posting on old threads D3xus 10 1,716 10-11-2014, 01:27 PM
Last Post: Frostix
  Threads don't count as posts? au3 0 614 04-29-2012, 05:18 PM
Last Post: au3
  Can't Send Messages/Make Threads Fragma 2 871 04-13-2012, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Omniscient
  Old Threads: How not to bump them up BlackChaos 20 2,947 03-02-2012, 10:47 PM
Last Post: DAMINK™