Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Legal Support Section
I personally think there should be a legal support section. Somewhere to post your legal questions and get some advice. Albeit we're not lawyers here, some of us on this forum have a lot of experience dealing with laws and can actually give someone some free advice, or at the very least identify when it's time to actually go talk to a lawyer.

Now, like I said, I know most of us aren't lawyers. I'm no lawyer, but, I did stay at a Holiday Inn once.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
Agreed. Help with laws is really important.
[Image: vhc689.jpg]
do noт мaĸe мe мad. ι wιll ĸιll yoυ.
-rep me if you want to get banned! please!
Anonymous rep is for freakin cowards!
I'm on board for this.
Robert Picard
http://www.rpicard.net
I'm also all for it. I hope there wont be any serious legal issues with the members though lol.
[Image: ilovewindows.png]
Great suggestion, Grizzly. 100% with this, but I don't think it will get it's own forum, maybe just a subforum for now.
PM me for private, confidential support.
Yeah, a subforum would be fine for now. Good thing is, I'm quite versed in the art of US Law ;)
This would be a good addition to SF, I support this.
What brought about this suggestion?

Are you in trouble or something?

The only problem I can see is that different countries have different laws, as well as different rumors about the laws.
So if I asked:
"how fast do you have to be going over the speed limit for the cop to pull you over?"
Some 12 year old might answer:
"10%"
Which is false. If I get caught doing 99 in a 90 zone, and get pulled over, I will be pissed! FLAME WAR!
The sub forum may require a disclaimer?
Other then that, good idea!
I agree with this as well.
People just need to be certain to state which country's laws they are inquiring about in their initial post.
(12-14-2009, 06:20 PM)Extasey Wrote: What brought about this suggestion?

Are you in trouble or something?

The only problem I can see is that different countries have different laws, as well as different rumors about the laws.
So if I asked:
"how fast do you have to be going over the speed limit for the cop to pull you over?"
Some 12 year old might answer:
"10%"
Which is false. If I get caught doing 99 in a 90 zone, and get pulled over, I will be pissed! FLAME WAR!
The sub forum may require a disclaimer?
Other then that, good idea!

Lol because I'm a criminal investigator, am well versed in US and Texas law, as well as copyright, patent, and trademark law ;)

And about the different countries having different laws, of course that will be an issue, but, I'm sure, especially as we go on, that there will be more and more members from other countries that are well versed in their local laws.

Things like copyright law don't change from country to country, at least the ones that are signatories of the berne convention. And your specific example isn't a good example, as there is no set number over the speed limit that a cop will pull you over. A cop will pull you over if they feel like it and you have broken the law. It's officer discretion. Me personally, I never (when working patrol) pulled anyone over for going less than 10mph over the limit unless in a school/residential area, at which point you had 3 mph leeway. I also didn't write unless it was 20 over, unless school/residential area, at which time it was a ticket if I pulled you over ;)

And so long as people wait at least 24 hours I'm sure someone could get into the thread to refute whatever dumb thing was said lol.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestion: Add windows 8 to Windows support section. Eternal. 4 1,231 10-13-2014, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Clark
  Suggestion - Add: Sound Hardware section in Computer Support Topics Eternal. 2 760 10-12-2014, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Eternal.
  Suggestion; Community Tutorials [Section/Sub-section] eax 6 1,266 05-07-2011, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Jacob
  Sub-Section in Emotional Support Reality 12 1,729 09-20-2010, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Flawless
  I suggest a support my cause section x2theone2x 5 977 09-02-2010, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Fragma