Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Health section, maybe?
I'm not sure if this has already been suggested as I've tried searching for it. I faintly remember bringing health up and I'm not sure wh at happened to that specific post.

Topic of debate: Should we have a health section under Life Support? Why or why not?

It's kind of a hard choice even for me, seeing that not everybody is a doctor, but at the same time, I'm not talking about the "health" support you get from a doctor, meaning, if this section emerges, don't ask questions that only a doctor can answer. I sure don't want to tell a gullible person one thing, and the total opposite takes effect.

I was thinking more of general health, diets, supplements, gym etc.
[Image: fixedt.png]
Yes, it has been brought up before. We're not ready for it just yet, for now put it in the Emotional Support forum, as your physical well-being also effects your emotions.
PM me for private, confidential support.
Just as I tought to say, HELL NOOO.
I came to the part where you explain it better Big Grin

I'm the probably most wrong person to support this but I do it, would be nice to see some postings about for example body mass techinques.
I think it would be sweet. I second this.
[Image: wwsigcopy.jpg]
I don't believe there will be enough posters maybe a sub forum under emotional support :S
[Image: signature.php?uid=1]
No. I don't think this is a good idea and could hurt someone in the long run.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
(12-13-2009, 01:32 AM)Grizzly Wrote: No. I don't think this is a good idea and could hurt someone in the long run.

How so?
Well, last time I checked, there are no doctors here. Most people here are kids. Kids with no practical experience in actually advising someone on health related matters. It could turn out very bad for someone. There just aren't enough people here with experience in health related matters to actually be able to advise anyone on health issues.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
I think such a section might not be very safe since anyone could propose their own made-up recepies or cures and sure enough someone will be dumb enough to try them which may get ... ugly...
Verum quaere et insaniam inveni
(12-13-2009, 02:49 AM)Grizzly Wrote: Well, last time I checked, there are no doctors here. Most people here are kids. Kids with no practical experience in actually advising someone on health related matters. It could turn out very bad for someone. There just aren't enough people here with experience in health related matters to actually be able to advise anyone on health issues.

You don't have to be a doctor to give out tips on general health, diets, supplements, exercises, etc. I would think people would assume that they would ask a doctor on any serious matter before asking any kids on a message board. A doctor's not going to sit down with you and tell you what kind of diet to take on, what kind of supplements to use, etc. They'll just tell you, "Well, I heard weight watchers was good, and all you gotta' do is eat sensibly and exercise!" On the other hand, a nutritionist would tell you a complete different side of the story.

(12-13-2009, 02:56 AM)Solidus Wrote: I think such a section might not be very safe since anyone could propose their own made-up recepies or cures and sure enough someone will be dumb enough to try them which may get ... ugly...

Now I think this is just nonsense. :o

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestion; Community Tutorials [Section/Sub-section] eax 6 1,256 05-07-2011, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Jacob
  [Suggestion] Software Release Section or Ruby Section Jordan L. 9 2,549 12-27-2009, 10:02 PM
Last Post: Jordan L.
  Health Section? Zenko 13 3,166 10-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Zenko