Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i need some imediate help
(12-19-2009, 09:19 AM)ktmrider530 Wrote: The fuse for my alarm in my powerstroke is actually under my glove box on the passenger side in a separate fuse box.

Okey I see. It is different in all cars I guess hehe.

Well I hope you solved this man.
(12-18-2009, 04:10 PM)ktmrider530 Wrote: You mean the one hooked to the horn? Yeah, mystery there lol.

Ummm, the alarm system on my husband's truck isn't connected to the horn, and you can't turn it off by pulling out a fuse. I think that's so theives can't easily disable it, but we've never been able to figure out how to disable it either, and disconnecting the battery cables? Nope! It apparently has it's OWN power system that might recharge off the battery, but doesn't require the battery to set off the alarm. We're not really sure, we can't get at it.

Only way to turn it off is with the key so if the battery in the key is low, we're screwed! Yeah, that's happened and we've just had to wait it out until it shuts off, or we can get to the store and buy another battery for the key.

To get rid of it? Well for that, we've been told we'd need an engine lift and disassemble half the vehicle.

We bought it used and the previous owner had some pretty outrageous upgrades put in, especially for a pickup truck that he drove less than 10K miles.
[Image: MajorDav3.png]
(04-07-2010, 12:02 PM)majordave Wrote: Ummm, the alarm system on my husband's truck isn't connected to the horn, and you can't turn it off by pulling out a fuse. I think that's so theives can't easily disable it, but we've never been able to figure out how to disable it either, and disconnecting the battery cables? Nope! It apparently has it's OWN power system that might recharge off the battery, but doesn't require the battery to set off the alarm. We're not really sure, we can't get at it.

Only way to turn it off is with the key so if the battery in the key is low, we're screwed! Yeah, that's happened and we've just had to wait it out until it shuts off, or we can get to the store and buy another battery for the key.

To get rid of it? Well for that, we've been told we'd need an engine lift and disassemble half the vehicle.

We bought it used and the previous owner had some pretty outrageous upgrades put in, especially for a pickup truck that he drove less than 10K miles.
That's how mine is, upgrades every where. I put my own alarm system in, but it's also linked to my remote start, so i guess it would depend on where the company installs it.
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.