Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Power/fuel problem?
What did the mechanic say?
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
Drove over 400km today, didn't haw the problem at all. Went over all the speeds, even [i]Tried[I] to make it happen however it wouldn't. Went over all the speeds and even up too 150km/he and nothing! Maybe it was a blockage in the lines that it has flushed out itself. The mechanic gave me a bit of advice but said don't worry about it too much if it's stopped.
That's good. I'm glad it stopped.
He was very laid back though. He passed my car for the pinkslip, of which I was very surprised!
I'm not sure what that means. Is it like a safety test or what? Sorry, we do things different here.
Haha yes it is, to get your car registered you need a greenslip and a pink slip. Green is compulsorary 3rd party (ctp) injuries and ambulence (or something like that), pink is a saftey check. Cost about $33 for a pinkslip but $800 for A green slip :@
to drive you also need to have CTP property and damage which is another $520 and finally you need to pay the registration fee. Not sure how
much it is but I ouldbt be suprised if it was upwards of $250.

Pretty much, in Australia, it cost a 17 year old the best part of $2000 to get his car on the road and be able to drive it.

I also gave to pay another fee to be able to apply to drive V8's. Even if they knock it back try won't refund that fee ($100 or so).
(12-10-2009, 10:23 PM)Extasey Wrote: Haha yes it is, to get your car registered you need a greenslip and a pink slip. Green is compulsorary 3rd party (ctp) injuries and ambulence (or something like that), pink is a saftey check. Cost about $33 for a pinkslip but $800 for A green slip :@
to drive you also need to have CTP property and damage which is another $520 and finally you need to pay the registration fee. Not sure how
much it is but I ouldbt be suprised if it was upwards of $250.

Pretty much, in Australia, it cost a 17 year old the best part of $2000 to get his car on the road and be able to drive it.

I also gave to pay another fee to be able to apply to drive V8's. Even if they knock it back try won't refund that fee ($100 or so).

Oh my god. Right now i own three trucks, one with well over 600 horsepower. And two other stock. Now, with all three of these and insurance it cost under $500 even with licensing fees and all that. I pay under $100 a month for insurance also, with full coverage on one and liability on the others.
fudge your lucky bro.
Unfortunately most, male, aussie P plate drivers are a bunch of shitcunts so they had to limit every thing and our insurance isfucking sky high.

Sucks.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Options When Purchasing a Replacement Diesel Fuel Pump Or Diesel Injector ldtest Bench 0 842 08-05-2013, 04:40 AM
Last Post: ldtest Bench
  How to change your fuel pump [Full Tut] ktmrider530 10 2,330 04-09-2010, 10:19 AM
Last Post: Navineous
  Fuel sending unit. ktmrider530 7 1,635 11-16-2009, 11:44 PM
Last Post: ktmrider530
  Power Supply for L.E.D. Switches [TuT] ProspectDotNet 4 1,485 10-20-2009, 05:50 AM
Last Post: ProspectDotNet