Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
usb ports not recognizing anything
I had to get a new power supply and now my usb ports won't work. They charge everything and stuff but it's like windows doesn't detect anything in the port. I've tried reinstalling the drivers. I'm on windows xp sp3
How old is your computer?

I had a similar problem... My USB ports pushed power to the devices, but the motherboard had quit running the data side of things. I ended up replacing the motherboard and everything works now.

This was on an inexpensive compaq motherboard.
I have a similar problem with my front USB ports. They used to work fine but I keep getting a "USB Device Not Recognised" popup every couple of minutes. Even when nothing is plugged in.

Am looking for a now motherboard for my machine Sad
I had the same problem
How old are your computers, for you guys that are having these problems?
(12-12-2009, 08:08 PM)Xon Wrote: How old are your computers, for you guys that are having these problems?

About 3 years. Would love to upgrade if I had the spare cash Big Grin
3 Years is a decent age for a modern computer it seems like. I am guessing that your ports are just going out.
Yep I am thinking of Disabling the onboard USB ports and adding a PCI USB Card. The problem with that though is that I still cant conntect the front USB ports to it Sad

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Random USB device failure. O'Harrell 8 1,571 06-26-2012, 07:40 AM
Last Post: ImStalkinYaMom
  Monitor, wireless card and USB devices won't wake up from sleep mode Ruzlier 7 2,816 08-18-2011, 03:54 AM
Last Post: Mono
  Universal Serial Bus Ports Disabled? USB Flashdrives unreadable? Resistance 4 1,592 05-17-2011, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Boomer
  Looking for a new USB flash drive Solidify 18 2,496 03-31-2011, 02:37 PM
Last Post: h4yr0
  Slow USB Transfer Rate Solidify 8 2,910 01-28-2011, 03:09 PM
Last Post: Solidify