Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Help] Connection going really slow
Lately my internet has been going really slow for some reason. It used to be able to pull of about 600kb/s, now downloading FreeBSD and other stuff it's going 19kb/s. Before you jump to conclusions and say "It's where your downloading it from", it's not. This happens from downloads I used to pull off tons with.

It started happening probably 14 days ago, when our ADSL broke and I had to ring Optus and go through with them. It ended up coming to Hard Resetting the router, which wasn't hard. But now I'm concerned that it may be the settings? I have a D-Link DSL-G604T router. Is there any settings it should be on for making it faster?

If you need anymore info, feel free to ask.
Thanks, and look forward to your advice. Smile

-Jordan.

Also*
It has been dropping out alot, the ADSL light or the WLAN light constantly drops out.
At the top will be the same place you hang from.
Sorry for the bump. But I really need help. It took an hour and a half to download a 20mb file.
What OS are you running and have you talked with your ISP?
[Image: Uhriventis.gif]
(12-06-2009, 05:13 PM)Uhriventis Wrote: What OS are you running and have you talked with your ISP?

I'm running Windows 7, but the problem is all around the house computer, so Windows XP too.
I haven't spoken to my ISP yet, I prefer not to speak to them for 5 hours to finally hear that I need to reset the router.
Call optus and complain. My mate had this problem and it was due to the lines getting old. Sometimes they just need replacing.

You mean hard resetting as in pressing the little dot on the back of the modem for 6 seconds?
(12-07-2009, 03:13 AM)Extasey Wrote: Call optus and complain. My mate had this problem and it was due to the lines getting old. Sometimes they just need replacing.

You mean hard resetting as in pressing the little dot on the back of the modem for 6 seconds?

Ok I'll try that later.

Yes, hard resetting as pressing the little black button 6 to 9 times [the guy said that's how you reset it.]
Yeah, I do it every now and then as well. Fixes most problems.
Make sure your not capped as well ;P sometimes its the simple crap
(12-07-2009, 04:34 AM)Extasey Wrote: Yeah, I do it every now and then as well. Fixes most problems.
Make sure your not capped as well ;P sometimes its the simple crap

How do you mean Capped? As in, no more download usage to use?
Yusssssssss
Nope, I've only used %15 or so, and I have two days until I get them back anyway.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Individual connection speed limited danneracci 2 1,032 12-25-2019, 11:33 PM
Last Post: rickmartin.gt
  Internet Connection Issues Jangus 2 1,232 12-25-2019, 11:32 PM
Last Post: rickmartin.gt
  Internet connection issue mack1 1 780 05-01-2017, 10:31 PM
Last Post: Miltan
  Internet loses connection when some uses the phone Phisher 1 779 10-14-2013, 11:43 AM
Last Post: diana33
  wifi connection problem magnus1 4 1,150 04-18-2013, 09:54 AM
Last Post: Sam