Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C++, C , Python
Alright, so basically, at the moment i feel SO sick of C++ (lol)
I have school holidays for the next 8 or 9 weeks (as i live in Australia)

I completed a whole 700 page book and i have a photographic memory as well but its just not clicking for me as well as i want, sure i remember everything, but structure is so pedantic etc.

I've begun to write my own Text Based RPG in C++ as well as other things.

Since i've come this far, i was wondering, Stick with C++ and tough it out, take a break a start learning Python, or!

Go and learn C.

OR!

a combination of the various options

I would really appreciate and answer! Your opinion are all highly thought of!

Thanks!Blackhat

P.S. I'm swaying on the keep with C++ and learn either Python / C along with it.

DAMN! at the end of this post i want to do some C++...what an odd feeling...

Blackhat[/code]
Quote:keep with C++ and learn either Python / C along with it.
Python would be a great "break" its so easy. If you can memorize the functions and what they can do, the rest of it will come easily to you and you will be able to do
Anything
[Image: izsyo6.jpg]

I've always had to use programming features, and work on my own things (not just copy-pasta from a book), in order to really "get" them.

Working on something like a small game can be a great way to learn. Just remember that it's perfectly ok to want to throw something away and start again (and part of being a programmer is realising when you have reached the point of diminishing returns and have to do this).
[Image: sig.php]
The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn't.
People who start out to learn C++ usually run into this wall I call "the C way of doing things". Now this wall has things like: pointers, pointer to pointers, memory management and just plain hacking out solutions from the basic understanding of programming that is just not taught in C++ or its skimmed over so quickly that the student never gets a good understanding of how these basic principles work...So what's the solution? Drop C++? No way C++ a great language that will take you far. So what do you do? Try taking a summer and learn C because C will emphasize these often neglected subjects exposing you to the low level aspects of both languages C/C++.

Oh by the way a 700 page book about C++ is just a basic intro. You can expect the mastery of such a language to take years of hard work...
Slackware 13/ArchLinux - C/Assem/Python
Choose C!Daamn i have so much right now with this language.
I love exploiting because of this language.Yesterday,I wrote simple "hello (input goes here)" program and exploited it with buffer overflow,and yeah strcpy is one shitty function.When you start learning smth about exploits, you start to realise that C,ASM and C++ is the stuff.

Go for C and rewrite unlucky eip!
How long did it take you to read all those 600 pages? :S
Dude one i want to congratulate you on having a photographic memory. Sounds cool but learn c then move to python. Im saying this because you already have an understanding of c++ so go to the "brother" and then python. Even though I love python =p
since you already know C++, it's good. You certainly don't need to learn C
My software company: Porosis Software
Games: Terrantula
Apps: Mathanasis, ColorGrabber
go for ASM!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  C++ Vs Python? nevets04 40 7,730 05-22-2010, 07:52 PM
Last Post: delme