Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
MyBB help.
Ok I am trying to set up a MyBB forum because I really like the looks of them, but I keep getting this when I go to the Admin CP:

[Image: asdfasdfb.png]

I tried everything, I have googled, nothing has came up...

If anyone can help I would appreciate it.
That happened to me when I was trying to CHMOD it.

What host are you using?

And have you chmodded it according to mybboard.net?
(10-05-2009, 11:19 PM)Jake Wrote: That happened to me when I was trying to CHMOD it.

What host are you using?

And have you chmodded it according to mybboard.net?

I am using a VPS, just set up this server of Debian 4. I did do the documentation chmod that was required but as you can see, it fudged up. Sad
The server owners might have security measures preventing you from setting certain permissions to files. At any point chmodding did you encounter a warning? If so you should contact your host company's tech support and talk to them about it.
This happens when the files inside the admin folder are either corrupted during upload, or not CHMOD'ed correctly.

Simply delete your admin folder. Reupload a fresh one.

Make sure ./inc/languages/english/ and ./inc/languages/english/admin/ are CHMOD to 755 and the files inside are 644.

This should fix everything.
(10-06-2009, 12:45 AM)Endonium Wrote: This happens when the files inside the admin folder are either corrupted during upload, or not CHMOD'ed correctly.

Simply delete your admin folder. Reupload a fresh one.

Make sure ./inc/languages/english/ and ./inc/languages/english/admin/ are CHMOD to 755 and the files inside are 644.

This should fix everything.

Yes, in the documentation it says to set admin to 777 and files inside to 666, but servers have security measures to prevent that.

Same error that I had.
(10-06-2009, 12:57 AM)Jake Wrote: Yes, in the documentation it says to set admin to 777 and files inside to 666

Where does it say that??

This is what's in the 1.4.9 package:

Quote:CHMOD the following files to 666 (ie, make sure that PHP can write to them).
./inc/settings.php
./inc/config.php (you must rename config.default.php to config.php first)
./inc/languages/*your_language*/*all files* (optional)
./inc/languages/*your_language*/admin/*all files* (optional)

CHMOD the following folders to 777 (ie, make sure that PHP can write to and execute from them).
./cache/
./cache/themes/
./uploads/
./uploads/avatars/
./admin/backups/ (optional)

You don't need to do anything to the admin folder itself, and the only files to CHMOD are the language files.
MyBB Support Team Lead
[QUOTE='MattR' pid='3053' dateline='1254848206']
Where does it say that??

This is what's in the 1.4.9 package:

Quote:CHMOD the following files to 666 (ie, make sure that PHP can write to them).
./inc/settings.php
./inc/config.php (you must rename config.default.php to config.php first)
./inc/languages/*your_language*/*all files* (optional)
./inc/languages/*your_language*/admin/*all files* (optional)

Sorry I got confused I was thinking of backups. Thanks for correcting me.
By default you shouldn't have to CHMOD anything. And if you're on a VPS you should be able to change the settings to whatever you want.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
(10-08-2009, 01:28 PM)Grizzly Wrote: By default you shouldn't have to CHMOD anything.

No... some hosts can do it automatically but some can't. Plenty of people have to do it manually.
MyBB Support Team Lead

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Make your MYBB Central Plugin Compatible with new Mybb Billy Mays 3 1,892 07-12-2011, 06:40 PM
Last Post: Billy Mays