Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with school
(12-14-2009, 01:43 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: I understand your situation, OP. I too take online school as opposed to traditional high school. The work is fairly easy, which makes it VERY easy to get distracted by other things. I recently have gotten into web design and an MMORPG, and it's easy to get entranced in CSS or Javascript tutorials, or levelling up on the game when I really need to do the work. Really, al lyou can really do is force yourself to do this work. Honestly, it's MUCH more likely that you'll be able to get the job you want with a diploma as opposed to a GED. A college is much more likely to accept an applicant that graduated HS; not a drop out. I don't mean to sound condescending, but it's just the way it works. I suggest envisioning your future self; do you want to be living from paycheck to paycheck, or do you want to be more financially secure? Do you want to be able to say, "OK, I want this job. I have the credentials for it, and I have a compelling resume. I am going to get this job." with confidence, or do you want to rely on luck. Granted, this isn't a very good example, since nowdays it is pretty much luck, getting a good job. But, with better credentials, you're more likely TO get that job. Just contemplate the alternative to not 'succeeding'.

Thanks, that's pretty much the exact answer I was looking for. I guess I really need to just finish school and I can decide, based on whats going on, what to do from there. Victoire
Robert Picard
http://www.rpicard.net
It's only a matter of time before you will feel better. Just don't worry about anything for the next week. Transfer back to your traditional school, and if your really smart, you can pass on a few home works, and then do extremely well on test, quizzes, and projects. Just be laid back for a little, talk to some girls. Finish high school, then go be a trucker. Have fun!
[Image: ilovewindows.png]
Whatever, you do, don't drop out. Trust me, I have a lot of companions that did so and regret it dearly.