Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plz, need support to be able to volunteer
Hallo, I'm so grateful to find this forum. I don't live near supportive friends or family to see in person so this is a good option.  ? Thanks in advance for reading this.
    I have a brain injury and get socially fatigued immediately under certain circumstances.  I'm often terribly lonely and there's nothing I can do about it because I'm too weak to socialize, if I push myself to do it anyway I have a seizure.
    So these things make it extra challenging for me to do the most meaningful thing I can do in my life, volunteer at the Boys & Girls Club :-) I love volunteering there, and it's so rewarding because the kids are happy to see me and even the adults who work there have told me how they see them just light up when I come in. And that should be enough to keep motivating me to go back there, but I am emotionally weakest as far as all of my aspects are concerned, and I tend to easily overthink things.  And I tend to just think that I am just not giving a valuable contribution, because there is not easy to see obvious proof that I'm doing good, aka, that the time I'm spending to volunteer there is a worthwhile endeavor, so it's harder and harder to convince myself to go volunteer there.
I would love to share personal stories of some things that I've done, and I would love to hear your opinions on what I've done, hopefully it'll be positive reinforcement :-) and some suggestions on how to make things better would be good too :-) but please be gentle with me
And I'd also like to share some future ideas cuz hearing your opinions on them most of all, would motivate me to go volunteer and do them :-) thank you so much!

So in this post, I'll just say that I think the next time I volunteer, the programming I'd like to do is to have the kids tell a story that really involves an experience, and in the moment feeling journeying Adventure. And all of us listeners, pretend we are apart of the story, playing the role of the main character, feeling and envisioning all the things that are going on. And this will teach the kids how to really use their imagination to entertain themselves when they are alone and bored, because some children just don't have this ability cuz they've grown up with constant outside stimulation from smartphones and video games or emotional abuse scaring them from using their imagination...
And some of these kids are low income, so it can really teach some kids how to have fun without needing things.

(And I'll add, that I also have a lot of emotional abuse in my history so I'm very sensitive to if someone's tone of voice is anything but friendly when I'm in person with them, so that's why I can't like try to share my ideas at the board meetings or anything, so you guys and gals will be my review board which I've been craving :-) :-) :-))

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Am I Insane people, help plz...??? -.-x Resistance 19 2,735 02-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Last Post: h-boy
  She ended it and I need help[read my last post plz] iTz Realiity 19 2,863 09-03-2010, 04:54 PM
Last Post: 【 ¶ÑÇƦ€Ƿ¦ßŁΞ 】
  help plz......how to express ma love to ma grl frd ? saumil 22 3,135 07-19-2010, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Solidify