Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feeling excluded and need advise.
A couple of months ago we had an auction  dinner with a group of 10 friends. One of them won a dinner for 8, husband of my friend that asked us to join the auction table. I had already figured we were least close to the winning couple's husband  and accepted this. The other 8 were invited for that dinner. Without us knowing but could have lived with that. Inviting couple tries to keep talks down a couple of times when item comes up in grouptalk to the point i feel I am missing something but don't know what. Did not know it was planned yet and when. 

Now the week before the dinner that was won one couple had to step out due to family issues. 6 were left over and 2 spots to give basically. We did not receive an invite when the other 2 backed out. 

I found out they had the dinner thru facebook post of the inviting  husband where the table of the auction was mentioned & how they missed the two that couldn't come, totally missing there were 10, not 8 at that time. I am close to his wife and to all others that were initially on that table of 10. I'm her FB friend not his but his message did show on my timeline. I totally feel left out not being asked to join last minute while I had no problems to accept we were not invited initially. I have to work together with the wife frequently and think we are good friends. This feelingiof exclusion is now in between me and the wife. I feel I really need to talk to her about how this made me feel and how it is putting a bomb under our friendshipand work relation. 

Any supportive advise on how to deal with this? I need to speak to the wife, my friend somehow. Not looking for advise to just get over it.....
What if you talk to him and ask him what truly happened.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help! You are subscribed to this thread Feeling insecure and scared... Sierana 2 945 05-10-2017, 09:03 PM
Last Post: elizabeth28
  Feeling Confused and Used any advice? sharkattack89 1 673 08-01-2016, 10:45 PM
Last Post: Mimi
  Advise on parental favoritism and estrangement ilovepickles 1 648 01-03-2016, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Annabelle
  I have to end things with my GF and I'm so very sad about it -- feeling so alone soul3 0 604 07-04-2014, 01:47 PM
Last Post: soul3
  Feeling violated Notrust87 3 838 02-11-2014, 04:21 AM
Last Post: FeaturedBmx