Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need help installing leopard on external HD
I am going to try to make a backup of leopard onto my 2TB extrenal hard drive. When i go to install it, the drive comes up with explanation mark and says: "Mac OS X cannot startup from this drive."

My laptop is a powerbook G4 and the external hard drive is formatted using the Apple Partition Map.

Anybody Help?
[Image: ZOuHf.png]
Red Bull Racing
You will need either shrink your existing (NTFS?) partition and add a HFS[+] partition or just make the whole thing HFS[+]
[Completely Honest. Seriously.]

Protip: Anonymous Reputation Points are for Pussies
How can I do that for free?Thumbsup
Red Bull Racing
Use >>
Code:
http://www.partition-manager.com/

If you want it for free mail me
Thanks Dunlop03, I paid for it though.

I've got a new problem though, when I go to install leopard, it says,"Install Failed, the installer could not locate the data needed to install OS X"

help?

I made 2 partitions on the HD 1 160GB (For Leopard) and 1 1.8TB (For Other Stuff)
Red Bull Racing
You need to partition your internal HD not your external
HOLD UP, You PAYED for the program?!?! - OS X has its own partition manager that is accessible via the CD...please don't tell me you payed for it.

DAMN! oh well Sad at least im being the honest person Smile

again, i have a new problem. the installer starts to work until it starts to install the essentials.pkg file, then it stops and says "Install Failed! Mac OS X could not install some files on /Leopard 10.5.
it goes fine up until that specific point (about 54% through install the essentials package)

Why do i need to partition my internal HD if im installing on an external HD?
Red Bull Racing
LOL that seems complicated. Just jumping out of Topic here, but can one of you give me or pm me a link to download Snow Leopard for free? Any one? But I dont want to do the DVD process, can I just download it and run it on the mac itself?
And Also, Ive heard that you dont need a Serial Key, is that right?
(11-23-2009, 04:35 PM)tommyisfuego1 Wrote: LOL that seems complicated. Just jumping out of Topic here, but can one of you give me or pm me a link to download Snow Leopard for free? Any one? But I dont want to do the DVD process, can I just download it and run it on the mac itself?
And Also, Ive heard that you dont need a Serial Key, is that right?

Usually I'd be all for grabbing something from TPB but honestly it's just $30.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Installing Cain and Abel using Wine on Mac V1RU5 8 12,366 10-23-2012, 07:48 AM
Last Post: Moon70
  [Snow Leopard] Rename a file? ßeowulf 2 2,197 02-27-2010, 01:51 AM
Last Post: manipulate
  Snow-Leopard 'Guest Account' Fix. manipulate 0 641 10-31-2009, 08:17 PM
Last Post: manipulate
  Big Snow Leopard bug D3N 7 1,681 10-23-2009, 08:16 PM
Last Post: Socrates
  BootCamp (Snow Leopard) windows SP updating problem fix Shinkirou 0 1,230 10-08-2009, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Shinkirou