Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breakup/Getting her back
Almost two weeks ago, my girlfriend of over one year called me and told me that she has fallen out of love with me. Our relationship was perfect and I love her more than I love myself. I have been a good boyfriend for her and we hardly ever fought. Prior to our breakup she recently switched schools and we hadn't been talking as much as we previously had been (we were long distance and I had recently visited her to be there for her birthday and surgery and everything was perfect). I really want her back as I believe she is the person I am supposed to end up with. We were talking about the future and it honestly seemed like she loved me as much as I loved her and she always talked with me about our future together. It hurts that she just stopped loving me but I want her back. I want her to fall in love with me again. 

Anyways, while that is what I want, here is what has happened since she told me that. She basically said that she still wants to be close friends if that is possible and I have not had any contact with her since she last texted me one week after the breakup. She basically said i hope we can still be really close friends and that she is there for me still. I do not know if I can do the whole friends thing with her again (we were very close friends for a few months before we got together), however I wouldn't be able to not be jealous and depressed when she starts dating and be the guy she turns to for advise on her new boyfriend when it comes to that and have her slowly phase me out of her life. I really don't know what to do so any advice is helpful. If you want to know any more specifics on my situations just let me know as I really need help. Thank you all.
Hey, I'm sorry you're going through a hard time at the moment. If you'd like to get emotional support from volunteer trained active listeners you can check out 7 Cups here http://www.7cups.com/12647476 I hope you get the support you need and deserve.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Getting over a breakup and letting people walk over me Claire1738 0 567 09-16-2015, 10:57 PM
Last Post: Claire1738
  Moving on more than 2 years after breakup irishbella 13 11,181 05-28-2013, 02:28 AM
Last Post: Annmorris
  Best friend to friends with benefits to girlfriend, breakup? Kharnage 21 5,126 12-29-2010, 09:23 PM
Last Post: Kharnage
  After the Breakup.... Minus-Zero 10 2,768 08-29-2010, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Eve