Poll: Witch is best ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Avast?
84.62%
22 84.62%
AVG?
15.38%
4 15.38%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is really the best of these 2 anti-viruses
(11-17-2009, 06:58 PM)[H]atsune[M]iku Wrote: People say the running 2 AV's side by side could cause conflicts though.
That's what I thought too, but maybe it's just when you have both of the auto-protect/monitoring systems running at the same time that you get the problems?
(11-18-2009, 04:35 AM)dafatman Wrote: That's what I thought too, but maybe it's just when you have both of the auto-protect/monitoring systems running at the same time that you get the problems?

Only scanning with both..
I think,,

Avast! Best Av ever used, never got a Virus with it.
[Image: jcXtui.png]
(11-17-2009, 06:58 PM)[H]atsune[M]iku Wrote: People say the running 2 AV's side by side could cause conflicts though.

Some Anti-Virus programs running together cause conflicts, not all tho.
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye
Some can cause conflicts, i don't recommend running two. But Omni is considerably more experienced than me.
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
Ok well i will give another opnion, as someone who used to be an still slightly is a blackhat.

When working with Viruses and this kinda stuff i found that it was Avg and all those small Av's that you don't expect to be good Detecting my viruses. But apart from that i still preferred Avast over Avg, But i find that Kaspersky will find more viruses and give you better protection then both of them. And as Omni said, It depends on whether you download from a trusted source.
Between AVG & Avast, Avast kicks AVG's ass!
Avast ye mateys!

She defends strong and true, from the hull to the crows nest.

Yer files be safe with Avast.

Haha, don't hate me. ;)

You can have them both, but you will only need one real-time protection that causes the conflict between the AVs.

Programs like GData are able to run two antivirus at the same time such as:
  • Bitdefender
  • Avast
[Image: mynewsig.jpg]

Want to know how to stop offline Phisher for good, well click here
Avast by far... i have tried AVG, and Avast. And i have stuck with Avast. It has stopped many viruses.
I think Avast is the most intrusive; I love AVG because it works but stays out of the way, plus doesn't hog too much of my resources [AVG Free 9, anyway].

As for running them side-by-side, I don't know about those specifically, but I do know that it generally causes conflict. At the very least, you're giving up some speed.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Explanation] Everything you MUST know about viruses [MUST read] Vexna 11 2,517 11-05-2012, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Nickelodeon
  ☺ The Top of the Line Top 5 Anti-Viruses Around Town ☺ Resistance 87 28,108 09-20-2011, 11:07 AM
Last Post: Grin
  [Tutorial]Anti anti's! bling111 3 1,547 05-08-2011, 01:19 AM
Last Post: Boing7898
  Anti-Viruses are useless alfonzo1955 18 5,316 12-12-2010, 07:20 PM
Last Post: SiR CRaCk AL0T
  (Question) Best Secondary Use Anti-Viruses? Resistance 9 1,904 11-16-2010, 02:43 PM
Last Post: SlimDeath