Poll: Are you interested?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, for pre-algebra that is.
100.00%
1 100.00%
Yes, but for a grade level higher than pre-algebra.
0%
0 0%
Yes, but for a grade level lower than pre-algebra.
0%
0 0%
No
0%
0 0%
I NEED CHEMISTRY HELP!
0%
0 0%
Other
0%
0 0%
Total 1 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setting up on an online math resource, any takes?
Hello, I am right now a senior in college about to head into my last semester towards earning a Bachelors of Science in Chemistry with ACS Certification. I know that is a mouthful, but the reason I mention the certificate is that it requires a student to complete several extra math courses beyond what is needed for a BS and even a BA.

Right now, I planning on setting up a math tutoring website with resources to help teach students the core concepts by utilizing a variety of methods. However, this will, as you can imagine, take time to create each resource and set up the website. I am excited to start; I even want to begin before this semester kicks-off and I am willing to take time out of my schedule to invest in the webpage. So, I am right now looking around to see if anyone would find this helpful and if they are really interested in using this type of website for their child (or yourself)?

Here are a few other details about what I'm thinking for the site:

I am willing to answer student and parent questions at a certain time each day.

I probably could only post one resource at a time. Each resource would cover several concepts, about the same number as would be in a chapter, but it would be a lot shorter and more broken down while still being comprehensive. I've already timed how long they take, and I think a post once a week is due-able. But, that also means it can only be for one math level. I'm thinking pre-algebra because it seems that the transition between arithmetic to algebra trips a lot of students up and I would love to help build the foundation of understanding they need for higher grade levels.

Each resource will be free; however, there will be advertisements. They would not be excessive and with the ad service I am planning on using, I will be approving appropriate ads. Also, I really love tutoring and teaching, but I also need a source of some income. I work a 10 hour job during the semester in the chemistry department, but minimum wage is low right now, I am relying on loans, and it would be nice to have even a little return to help out.

Lastly, I will be diligent in posting resources in a timely manner, but since this is my last semester, I do ask for patience on replies to questions or any hiccups.

That's all I can really think of. If any one knows another forum I can post the same question, that would be super helpful. If I only get a total of a few or so replies though, I am willing to work out possible tutoring help one-on-one. Just let me know.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quick math homework help? Maca 2 758 11-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Last Post: Doldol
  Math homework help aporter1 1 707 06-14-2012, 12:02 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  [Math]Trigonometry Summary Sheet Aware 2 1,861 05-08-2011, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Aware