Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internet connection issue
Hi I have an internet connection that I cannot resolve, I am fairly good with most internet issues but this one is very confusing.
The PC is new, the router is a virgin super hub and the connection is via a nana power line adaptors from the living room to the bedroom.

The system reads no internet access to IPV4 or IPV6, they are set to automatically obtain IP address and DNS as per every other PC I have used with Virgin. When I test the network connection it reads "your adaptor is set to automatically obtain and IP address but there is no DHCP on this network and a private address has been issued which was a 169.254 number (apologies I am not with the pc whilst I type this). I have taken out the power links and applied a direct cable from the virgin box with no changes and tried resetting the netsh for ip4 and ip6 with no change.
Other than assigning the PC a static address (which I am not sure would work either) I cannot see why the internet is not active and I am not sure what else I can try.
Device manager is showing devices are working correctly and when I link speed diagnostic on the adaptor is shows cable and devices are all passed.

Can anyone give me an idea of what I can try next?

Thanks
assigning the PC a static address (which I am not sure would work either) I cannot see why the internet is not active and I am not sure what else I can try.
Device manager is showing devices are working correctly and when I link speed diagnostic on the adaptor is shows cable and devices are all passed.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Individual connection speed limited danneracci 2 999 12-25-2019, 11:33 PM
Last Post: rickmartin.gt
  Internet Connection Issues Jangus 2 1,205 12-25-2019, 11:32 PM
Last Post: rickmartin.gt
  Home Network Share issue malichi 8 2,523 08-19-2015, 10:56 PM
Last Post: Santhosh
  Internet loses connection when some uses the phone Phisher 1 763 10-14-2013, 11:43 AM
Last Post: diana33
  wifi connection problem magnus1 4 1,126 04-18-2013, 09:54 AM
Last Post: Sam