Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GitHub: Education Pack
Unfortunately, there is no 'general' coding forum so I inadvertently decided to post it in one of my favorite and most adept programming languages: Python.

For those of you looking to learn how to program, going to school to program and lacking money, or even people who are lacking the resources, GitHub released an Education Pack that those who are currently students are eligible to apply for. This pack is fantastic as it gives a range of items for any new programmer or experienced including but not only: free (.me) domain, $100 credit on digital ocean, $25 credit for Hacking Hands (which I had no clue about until I saw the potential perks) and much more. You will have to provide proof of your student status but other than that it's basic questions and the one you should spend about a paragraph on is 'How will you use GitHub' or a variation of that. Furthermore, if you are a new or experienced developer and have yet to attribute knowledge and experience with project management, GitHub is a fantastic if not the meta-setter as of now, and in the real world for interviews and jobs this is what you'll be using to collaborate with fellow co-workers, allow your boss to see your code and enable you to work on your own without being babysat, etc.

https://education.github.com/pack