Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taking stock and getting her back...
Hey guys, new to this site but I really like what i see so far. I have just gotten out of a relationship, not by my choice, it was hers. This was a relationship I never thought would end, the person I wanted to and still want to marry. It has been 7 weeks or so, and I still feel the same way. I will admit that I have not necessarily handled the break up the best way, for example, she asked for some space and I did not give her as much as she probably needed. Needless to say that now that I have not really been contacting her, I am hoping it is not too late.
I have taken stock on the reasons she gave for leaving me. One of them was not being emotionally connected enough to her, she also thought that after being with me for three (3) years that we should have been much further along as a couple and she also felt that I did not look after her needs for emotional support and even sex enough. I am of the opinion that I can fix these. The distance while not easy has forced me to take stock of my life as an individual and I have since put things in place which demonstrates more independence and taking responsibility for my life overall.
However as i said above, I still want to have a relationship with my ex. I know she still loves me, but as she has said, it takes more than just love for a relationship to work. How can I demonstrate to her my willingness to work on the issues we had, considering all I have said.
She's right. After 3 years why haven't you asked her to marry you? Just curious.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
Good question, I was actually in the process of doing so, and that is one of the reasons she is disappointed also. I do have a ring actually but there is no specific reason as to why, it is not that I was unsure etc.
Do not ask her to marry you in this state in a plea to get her back. You need to observe your behaviors, and see why you were so distant from her in the first place so you can work on yourself to really give her, or anyone else you are with another chance.
I'm not understanding when you say "stock"? What is that?
In your personal opinion, do you think you were a bit careless in the relationship? Do you honestly think you were lacking in the support & sex department? You need to make sure you truly believe you can change the problem before you begin to try.
Were you living together? Did you guys get along? Did you guys spend a lot of time together? I guess I have a lot of questions, but I just want to understand the whole issue.
Also, I agree with Roger. Whatever you do, don't spring "The Question" unless you're 100% sure that you're committed and ready for that. Even if you do, you can't expect her to say yes. When you got the ring, did you feel like you were 100% committed & ready?
One last question. Did you know she was feeling like this before she broke up with you?

You need to try your best to make her your number one priority. You need to understand that she's a woman, and she has sensitive feelings, and wants to feel loved, and needed. She wants to feel like she's the only one on your mind, and that you love being with her - trust me, my girlfriend's super-sensitive.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

Thanks for your response Cybr. BY taking stock I mean that I examined our relationship and tried to understand the reasons for her ending it. IN terms of if I was careless, I am not sure if I would use that word but maybe I did let some things slip a little and missed some signs. She says I should have picked up on certain things before we ended and that she made attempts to show me, I can still say i was in absolute shock when she told me her decision.
We got long very well yes and no were not living together as yet, that was on the horizon.
I am prepared to commit to her, that is not even remotely in doubt and am prepared to all I can to show her that she is number one and that she is the only woman I want and only woman I have loved being with so much.
I am hoping that having not given her all the space she requested initially, that it is not too late still.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dad taking custody of me in June? ABlackFedora 18 3,107 04-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Last Post: The Don Killuminati
  Taking A Break from Crushes Resistance 12 1,767 03-16-2011, 11:31 PM
Last Post: C4Vendetta