Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrading to MyBB 1.8
So I'm attempting to upgrade us to MyBB 1.8. I've deactivated all plugins and reverted us to default template.

We'll see how this goes.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
Nice. Always good to see updates, what's the reason for the update?
We all have things we want to say, but not publicly. We all need help with them at one point. If you want a private conversation or seek private help, send me a PM.
Well I'm working to revive the site and using it also as a test for upgrading my other sites to 1.8x. I need to start becoming more familiar with it anyways. Unfortunately I don't have a ton of faith that it's secure yet so this is likely going to be the only site I move until maybe 1.8.3 or 1.8.4. Usually those are more stable releases with good security patches.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(10-21-2014, 02:35 PM)Omniscient Wrote: Well I'm working to revive the site and using it also as a test for upgrading my other sites to 1.8x. I need to start becoming more familiar with it anyways. Unfortunately I don't have a ton of faith that it's secure yet so this is likely going to be the only site I move until maybe 1.8.3 or 1.8.4. Usually those are more stable releases with good security patches.

Sounds good!

What features does this new update come with?
We'll find out all the updates. It's probably worth it just to be updated to branch. I've also removed Awards and all custom groups. It's almost like a fresh start.
I just got on the website and thought I mistyped the address.
A fresh start looks really nice, can't see what it'll give.
Also, I guess you can use SF to experiment MyBB 1.8 with all the updates and see if there's things on here you could upgrade/update on HF Smile
(10-21-2014, 03:06 PM)Aura Wrote: I just got on the website and thought I mistyped the address.
Also, I guess you can use SF to experiment MyBB 1.8 with all the updates and see if there's things on here you could upgrade/update on HF Smile

Exactly. Should make the process for the eventual move on HF. Gonna be a long process.
(10-21-2014, 02:58 PM)Omniscient Wrote: We'll find out all the updates. It's probably worth it just to be updated to branch. I've also removed Awards and all custom groups. It's almost like a fresh start.

Any ideas on what the new awards will be? I'm really liking the freshness of everything.

Hopefully SF can get a more modern look like HF got.
(10-21-2014, 03:17 PM)Omniscient Wrote:
(10-21-2014, 03:06 PM)Aura Wrote: I just got on the website and thought I mistyped the address.

Exactly. Should make the process for the eventual move on HF.  Gonna be a long process.

Haha, people would cry so hard about that reputation it'll cause an uproar of fits.
The new look is clean as hell, I like it. So this is MyBB 1.8 eh?