Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade for SF?
Yes I did do my research - Account Upgrade - Suggestion Thread.

Additional thread - Click Me - Was answered but back in 2010.
In the additional thread Omniscient says there will be an upgrade option here!

Omniscient never officially answered that question so I'll ask it and hopefully there will be an official answer from him.
Will there ever be an upgrade option on these forums allowing members extra perks and additional forums or something?
I think it would be a good idea personally and I'd gladly upgrade.
Perhaps make it like on MyBB Central where it's only $10 to upgrade instead of the $18.99 on HF.
Just a suggestion guys so lets here what you all think on this matter!
I would upgrade after a little more work is done on the site. Nothing major, but just a few things here and there. He has already started I have noticed, and I think that an upgrade option should be added as well. Not sure what perks could be given for this, considering this is a support forum and I doubt anyone gets a lot of PMs for a pm box upgrade and such.

Overall yes. To some status means something and perhaps donations would inspire and help the site overall.
(10-14-2014, 05:31 PM)Eternal. Wrote: I would upgrade after a little more work is done on the site. Nothing major, but just a few things here and there. He has already started I have noticed, and I think that an upgrade option should be added as well. Not sure what perks could be given for this, considering this is a support forum and I doubt anyone gets a lot of PMs for a pm box upgrade and such.

Overall yes. To some status means something and perhaps donations would inspire and help the site overall.

True but there is a lot of additional perks that can be added for upgraded members.
Personally I think the site needs to be brought back properly before trying to monetize it. I'm sure this will come in the future, but as of now there isn't need for it.
(10-15-2014, 07:46 AM)Autopost Wrote: Personally I think the site needs to be brought back properly before trying to monetize it. I'm sure this will come in the future, but as of now there isn't need for it.

Personally I'm looking at this in a way of making a donation and to get some new perks would be pretty good.
I do think an upgrade is in place.. at some point.
PHP Code:
while(posting) {

postCount++;

happiness++;

If there's an upgrade, I would make it cheap too I guess. The goal of this forum isn't to make money or stand above others, but to offer support and assist the members on here. In the end, you'll acquire knowledge, skills and experience out of it. I don't know why you would pay money for it, and what you could get from it here on SF.
There isn't really too much to offer right now. I wouldn't start account upgrades right yet until Omniscient can pick this place up.
I would love to upgrade and show my support (heh) however it's very premature to add a donate rank. There is very little content and very little activity.

First thing that truly needs to be redone is either a new theme and/or more advertising/seo to get more members.
I don't think we'll be seeing one any time soon. Mainly due to the fact Omniscient doesn't really have a LOT of time left to handle SF. He's mainly focused on HF these days, naturally.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to upgrade? The Elite 9 1,154 06-27-2010, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Merky
  [Question] Account Upgrade? Mia 2 726 10-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Last Post: Elektrisk