Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Talk] Share your protection setup
[Talk] Share your protection setup

Hey guys, Yoan here aka Aura with a discussion thread for you !

So I would like to know what you are using as protection setup for your computer : Antivirus, Antimalware, protection utilities, etc. It would be nice to see who here have a decent setup, who doesn't give a damn about it and who goes totally overkill.

You could fill this simple form if needed
Code:
[color=#1E90FF][b]Antivirus :[/b][/color]
[color=#1E90FF][b]Firewall :[/b][/color]
[color=#1E90FF][b]Antimalware :[/b][/color]
[color=#1E90FF][b]Protection Utilities :[/b][/color]
[color=#1E90FF][b]Web Browser :[/b][/color]
[color=#1E90FF][b]Web Browser Extensions/Addons :[/b][/color]
[color=#1E90FF][b]Others :[/b][/color]

I'll start, let's see what I'm using !

Antivirus : Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 (on my desktop computer and my laptop, as well as on my family's computer). I've been a Kaspersky user for about ... 6 years now I think ? Even a bit more ? Kaspersky is just the perfect solution to my eyes. It's one of the best Antivirus, his detection ratio is very high, it offers multiples protection features, it's fully customizable, you can set it up to operate in the way you want, etc. It's just THE Antivirus I needed and that I recommend. I've never been infected with any important/harmful malware since I have Kaspersky.
Firewall : Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 integrated firewall. Fully customizable, once again.
Antimalware :
  • Malwarebytes Premium;
  • Junkware Removal Tool;
  • AdwCleaner;
  • RogueKiller;
  • TDSSKiller;
Even if I don't run these tools often, they're still there when I do a monthly full check up of my system and they're part of the best tools you can have to detect and delete any kind of malware present on your system.
Protection Utilities : I don't use any protection utilities like Keyscrambler or any other utilities that would protect your data. Kaspersky does it all, mostly because it have it's own secured encrypted keyboard and financial transaction protection. I however use Truecrypt to protect/lock all my important files in an hidden partition. My HDD is now fully encrypted with BitLocker.
Web Browser : Google Chrome 64-bits and Firefox 32-bits
Web Browser Extensions/Addons : Ad-Block, Ad-Block Plus, Web of Trust (WOT), Tampermonkey (for userscripts), HTTPEverywhere, Ghostery. For Firefox, I use the same extensions, but with NoScript as well.
Others : Nope, that's it. I use CCleaner, TFC (Temp File Cleaner) and JetClean regulary in order to delete all the junk from my system and keep it optimized.

Now it's your turn, let's see what everyone here is using !

PS: I might edit this post a few time along this thread to add more and more programs/utilities/etc.

Messages In This Thread
[Talk] Share your protection setup - by Aura - 10-13-2014, 02:46 PM
RE: [Talk] Share your protection setup - by Clark - 10-13-2014, 03:51 PM
RE: [Talk] Share your protection setup - by Aura - 10-13-2014, 07:26 PM
RE: [Talk] Share your protection setup - by Ahri - 10-14-2014, 12:46 AM
RE: [Talk] Share your protection setup - by Aura - 10-14-2014, 04:16 AM
RE: [Talk] Share your protection setup - by Aura - 10-14-2014, 10:38 AM
RE: [Talk] Share your protection setup - by Aura - 10-14-2014, 10:46 AM
RE: [Talk] Share your protection setup - by Aura - 10-14-2014, 11:58 AM