Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Talk] Share your protection setup
Antivirus : Nod32
Firewall : None
Antimalware : Bytes Premium
Protection Utilities : Malwarebytes anti rootkit
Web Browser : Chrome, Firefox and IE (Don't use IE, it's just there like the unwanted stepson it is.)
Web Browser Extensions/Addons : Adblock, Tampermonkey, Lastpass.
Others : Vmware, Sandboxie.
(10-14-2014, 05:22 AM)Snorlax Wrote: I use AdBlock, AdBlock+, and AdBlock Element Remover (works better than most of the others).
I use this many because of a few things... One is better at blocking than the other, but the other can whitelist YouTube channels. That means I can still give a contribution by viewing their ads, but keep ads on other sites. I only want to view ads on the YouTube channels I like, so I don't want to disable it completely on YouTube.

I'm not sure why I use 32-bit Chrome, but it's the one that's open.
Doubt it will make any difference though.

You'll use less RAM by using a 64-bits based browser instead of a 32-bits one (this is if you're running a 64-bits based OS). Google Chrome now have a fully functionnal 64-bits version (not in beta anymore).

(10-14-2014, 05:28 AM)Reptar Wrote: All I use is Malwarebytes because it has website security as well.

As far as I've known it's been keeping the viruses off lol.

Malwarebyte's Web Protection module is buggy as hell and have a lot of false postive : Skype, svchost, uTorrent, Chrome, etc.

(10-14-2014, 08:49 AM)Eternal. Wrote: Antivirus : Nod32
Firewall : None
Antimalware : Bytes Premium
Protection Utilities : Malwarebytes anti rootkit
Web Browser : Chrome, Firefox and IE (Don't use IE, it's just there like the unwanted stepson it is.)
Web Browser Extensions/Addons : Adblock, Tampermonkey, Lastpass.
Others : Vmware, Sandboxie.

ESET Nod32 have a firewall integrated, so you should be using it as your main firewall.
(10-14-2014, 10:38 AM)Aura Wrote: You'll use less RAM by using a 64-bits based browser instead of a 32-bits one (this is if you're running a 64-bits based OS). Google Chrome now have a fully functionnal 64-bits version (not in beta anymore).

Odd. 32-bit is default on my desktop and Surface, even though I run 64-bit on both and have 8GB on my Surface and 32GB on my desktop.
PHP Code:
while(posting) {

postCount++;

happiness++;

(10-14-2014, 10:39 AM)Snorlax Wrote:
(10-14-2014, 10:38 AM)Aura Wrote: You'll use less RAM by using a 64-bits based browser instead of a 32-bits one (this is if you're running a 64-bits based OS). Google Chrome now have a fully functionnal 64-bits version (not in beta anymore).

Odd. 32-bit is default on my desktop and Surface, even though I run 64-bit on both and have 8GB on my Surface and 32GB on my desktop.

What do you mean it's default ? You have both Google Chrome 32 and 64-bits installed ?
(10-14-2014, 10:46 AM)Aura Wrote:

What do you mean it's default ? You have both Google Chrome 32 and 64-bits installed ?

I'm saying that this is 32-bit: http://puu.sh/ccbqB.png
It's the default one. It says 32-bit in the process manager.
PHP Code:
while(posting) {

postCount++;

happiness++;

(10-14-2014, 11:53 AM)Snorlax Wrote:
(10-14-2014, 10:46 AM)Aura Wrote:

I'm saying that this is 32-bit: http://puu.sh/ccbqB.png
It's the default one. It says 32-bit in the process manager.

Ah okay, chrome.exe*32.
Install the 64-bits version Snorlax, comon Smile
Antivirus : Webroot SecureAnywhere
Firewall : Webroot Integrated Firewall
Antimalware : Malwarebytes Premium, AdwCleaner, Junkware Removal Tool
Protection Utilities : KeePass, TrueCrypt
Web Browser : Firefox
Web Browser Extensions/Addons : HTTPsEverywhere, Web of Trust, Ad-Block Edge, NoScript, Disconnect.
Others : JetClean, Temp File Cleaner