Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Talk] Share your protection setup
[Talk] Share your protection setup

Hey guys, Yoan here aka Aura with a discussion thread for you !

So I would like to know what you are using as protection setup for your computer : Antivirus, Antimalware, protection utilities, etc. It would be nice to see who here have a decent setup, who doesn't give a damn about it and who goes totally overkill.

You could fill this simple form if needed
Code:
[color=#1E90FF][b]Antivirus :[/b][/color]
[color=#1E90FF][b]Firewall :[/b][/color]
[color=#1E90FF][b]Antimalware :[/b][/color]
[color=#1E90FF][b]Protection Utilities :[/b][/color]
[color=#1E90FF][b]Web Browser :[/b][/color]
[color=#1E90FF][b]Web Browser Extensions/Addons :[/b][/color]
[color=#1E90FF][b]Others :[/b][/color]

I'll start, let's see what I'm using !

Antivirus : Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 (on my desktop computer and my laptop, as well as on my family's computer). I've been a Kaspersky user for about ... 6 years now I think ? Even a bit more ? Kaspersky is just the perfect solution to my eyes. It's one of the best Antivirus, his detection ratio is very high, it offers multiples protection features, it's fully customizable, you can set it up to operate in the way you want, etc. It's just THE Antivirus I needed and that I recommend. I've never been infected with any important/harmful malware since I have Kaspersky.
Firewall : Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 integrated firewall. Fully customizable, once again.
Antimalware :
  • Malwarebytes Premium;
  • Junkware Removal Tool;
  • AdwCleaner;
  • RogueKiller;
  • TDSSKiller;
Even if I don't run these tools often, they're still there when I do a monthly full check up of my system and they're part of the best tools you can have to detect and delete any kind of malware present on your system.
Protection Utilities : I don't use any protection utilities like Keyscrambler or any other utilities that would protect your data. Kaspersky does it all, mostly because it have it's own secured encrypted keyboard and financial transaction protection. I however use Truecrypt to protect/lock all my important files in an hidden partition. My HDD is now fully encrypted with BitLocker.
Web Browser : Google Chrome 64-bits and Firefox 32-bits
Web Browser Extensions/Addons : Ad-Block, Ad-Block Plus, Web of Trust (WOT), Tampermonkey (for userscripts), HTTPEverywhere, Ghostery. For Firefox, I use the same extensions, but with NoScript as well.
Others : Nope, that's it. I use CCleaner, TFC (Temp File Cleaner) and JetClean regulary in order to delete all the junk from my system and keep it optimized.

Now it's your turn, let's see what everyone here is using !

PS: I might edit this post a few time along this thread to add more and more programs/utilities/etc.
Antivirus: None.
Firewall: None.
Antimalware: Malware Bytes, but eh.
Protection Utilities: My brain.
Web Browser: Chrome.
Web Browser Extensions/Addons: 3 different AdBlockers, LastPass, TamperMonkey, Google Cast, and a few others.
Others: I know how to protect myself against viruses and malware. I cannot remember the last time I got infected, but we're talking years.
PHP Code:
while(posting) {

postCount++;

happiness++;

Antivirus: Avast Free
Firewall: None
Antimalware: Malwarebytes
Protection Utilities: None
Web Browser: Chrome/Firefox
Web Browser Extensions/Addons: Adblock/Firebug
Others: Manual monthly scan/cleanup
(10-13-2014, 02:48 PM)Snorlax Wrote: Antivirus: None.
Web Browser Extensions/Addons: 3 different AdBlockers, LastPass, TamperMonkey, Google Cast, and a few others.
Others: I know how to protect myself against viruses and malware. I cannot remember the last time I got infected, but we're talking years.

Which Adblockers do you use ? How come you use so many of them ?
Also, Google Chrome 32 or 64-bits ?

(10-13-2014, 03:51 PM)Clark Wrote: Antivirus: Avast Free
Firewall: None
Antimalware: Malwarebytes
Protection Utilities: None
Web Browser: Chrome/Firefox
Web Browser Extensions/Addons: Adblock/Firebug
Others: Manual monthly scan/cleanup

How do you do your monthly scan/cleanup ?
(10-13-2014, 02:48 PM)Snorlax Wrote: Antivirus: None.

I'm with snorlax here, I also have this exact setup.
Only thing else is an external ssd which keeps all my private files.
Antivirus : Avast, maybe Kapy but too much work to install Tongue
Firewall : Windows!
Antimalware : Malbytes
Protection Utilities : brain
Web Browser : Chrome
Web Browser Extensions/Addons : None
Others : CCleaner
Hey Aura :3
(10-14-2014, 12:03 AM)Autopost Wrote: I'm with snorlax here, I also have this exact setup.
Only thing else is an external ssd which keeps all my private files.

What's the size of that external SSD ?

(10-14-2014, 12:46 AM)Popstar Ahri Wrote: Antivirus : Avast, maybe Kapy but too much work to install Tongue
Firewall : Windows!
Antimalware : Malbytes
Protection Utilities : brain
Web Browser : Chrome
Web Browser Extensions/Addons : None
Others : CCleaner
Hey Aura :3

... Install Kaspersky yet, God damn it it takes 5 minutes LOL.
(10-13-2014, 07:26 PM)Aura Wrote: Which Adblockers do you use ? How come you use so many of them ?
Also, Google Chrome 32 or 64-bits ?

I use AdBlock, AdBlock+, and AdBlock Element Remover (works better than most of the others).
I use this many because of a few things... One is better at blocking than the other, but the other can whitelist YouTube channels. That means I can still give a contribution by viewing their ads, but keep ads on other sites. I only want to view ads on the YouTube channels I like, so I don't want to disable it completely on YouTube.

I'm not sure why I use 32-bit Chrome, but it's the one that's open.
Doubt it will make any difference though.
PHP Code:
while(posting) {

postCount++;

happiness++;

All I use is Malwarebytes because it has website security as well.

As far as I've known it's been keeping the viruses off lol.
Antivirus : Avast
Firewall : Avast
Antimalware : None
Protection Utilities : None
Web Browser : Chrome & Firefox
Web Browser Extensions/Addons : Adblock + Adblock plus, Tampermonkey.
Others : Nope