Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Computer issues - Screen and USB malfunctions.
So I have a few issues, one of them being my screen sometimes gets weird lines on it and freezes. The audio will make a loud noise, like a car coming to a sudden stop does except the sound of the stopping continues. Its weird. I have no pictures, but here is my setup:

[Image: QSbYx6x.png]

Another issue I have is my mouse and keyboard go off sometimes, but only when tethering internet from my phone via USB for a few hours. Any ideas?
What is your computer brand and model (exact model number) Eternal. ?
Also, did you start by updating your graphic card drivers ?
(10-11-2014, 11:37 PM)Aura Wrote: What is your computer brand and model (exact model number) Eternal. ?

Custom built, I don't buy computers premade. And yes, they are fully updated.
(10-12-2014, 04:21 PM)Eternal. Wrote:
(10-11-2014, 11:37 PM)Aura Wrote: What is your computer brand and model (exact model number) Eternal. ?

Custom built, I don't buy computers premade. And yes, they are fully updated.

In your case, I would start by updating my drivers manually, mainly :
  • Chipset;
  • USB 3.0 ports;
  • Sound card;
  • WLAN Controller;
  • LAN Controller;
If everything is integrated on your motherboard, you'll find all these drivers on your motherboard webpage on its manufacturer website.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product...id=3417#dl
Installed the catalyst driver which is the only thing there, and my keyboard and mouse stopped working. Reset and they came back up. We'll see if this helps in the longrun.
(10-14-2014, 11:11 AM)Eternal. Wrote: Installed the catalyst driver which is the only thing there, and my keyboard and mouse stopped working. Reset and they came back up. We'll see if this helps in the longrun.

You have AMD chip set drivers as I can see, that might explains it as Catalyst also install these drivers.
(10-14-2014, 11:17 AM)Aura Wrote:
(10-14-2014, 11:11 AM)Eternal. Wrote: Installed the catalyst driver which is the only thing there, and my keyboard and mouse stopped working. Reset and they came back up. We'll see if this helps in the longrun.

You have AMD chip set drivers as I can see, that might explains it as Catalyst also install these drivers.

Yep, that is all that was installed, Catalyst. If these issues do not stop I will most likely upgrade to Intel.
(10-14-2014, 11:23 AM)Eternal. Wrote:

Yep, that is all that was installed, Catalyst. If these issues do not stop I will most likely upgrade to Intel.
The chip doesn't play a role with the issues, anyways OP are you getting the sound VIA HDMI or via analog aka 3.5 jack. Also forgot to mention are your keyboard and mouse hooked up to the built in motherboard USBs or front ports? As for your USB internet tethering, don't these install a custom driver to communicate with your device? Correct me if I am wrong as I haven't used one for over 4 years.
(10-14-2014, 01:24 PM)Popstar Ahri Wrote:

The chip doesn't play a role with the issues, anyways OP are you getting the sound VIA HDMI or via analog aka 3.5 jack. Also forgot to mention are your keyboard and mouse hooked up to the built in motherboard USBs or front ports? As for your USB internet tethering, don't these install a custom driver to communicate with your device? Correct me if I am wrong as I haven't used one for over 4 years.

3.5 jack for sound, and they are connected to the back of the computer in the built in USB's. Phone was plugged into the back.

Started having this issue since I upgraded to Windows 8. If it is going to happen again, it should happen this week.
(10-14-2014, 05:49 PM)Eternal. Wrote:
(10-14-2014, 01:24 PM)Popstar Ahri Wrote:

3.5 jack for sound, and they are connected to the back of the computer in the built in USB's. Phone was plugged into the back.

Started having this issue since I upgraded to Windows 8. If it is going to happen again, it should happen this week.

Alright. Did you update the other drivers like I recommended ?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to create Bootable Windows 7/8 USB drive JiniOnline 1 1,041 04-12-2014, 12:14 AM
Last Post: dtouch