Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CD-ROM is not working
Hey guys I tried to play Age of Mythology on my computer, I played it before, but this time when I double clicked the icon it says please enter the disk and continue. I opened the disk tray and I saw the CD was already in there so I pushed it back inside the CD thing. I get the same error. So now I think it's the disc's fault so I use a Ubuntu 9.10 disk and put it in the CD ROM and still it inst reading. Now I'm thinking I need a reboot to fix the error so I reboot it. I forgot to take out the Ubuntu CD so I get to the Linux boot up screen and now I think the thing is fixed, I reboot the computer without the linux cd and when I'm at the desktop I enter the Age of Mythology CD and it still says "please enter the disk and continue."

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT : I'm using Windows 7 right now.
[Image: 29ol3br.png]
The CD is probably bad then. You could see if it is scratched and try to clean it. That might fix the problem.
I reinstalled the OS, fixed it.
[Image: 29ol3br.png]
I am surprised that would fix it.
Maybe the drivers were corrupt. You probably could have just rolled them back and kept going!
(11-14-2009, 06:50 PM)Extasey Wrote: Maybe the drivers were corrupt. You probably could have just rolled them back and kept going!

If the drivers were corrupt why would it read another disk?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Samsung Super WriteMaster DVD ROM/Writer not showing in explorer. megasxlr 5 4,261 10-17-2010, 04:32 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity