Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linking site and MyBB forum membership/usergroups
Let's say I make a website that includes a forum. How can I make it so that membership on the website and membership on the forum are one and the same? Can this be done running MyBB? I know how to use MyBB, and I know how to make it a secondary page on a website, but not how to have a membership with the forum as well as the site.

One of the reasons I wish to make this so is because I'd like to have certain pages of the actual site blocked, and only allow members of the site the have the permissions needed to view said pages. But making two different memberships would be annoying. Any ideas, or perhaps other forum systems that work as well as MyBB but allow for this to work?

I want the forum to be an extension of the site; not a separate entity with a separate registration process.

Let's say I have site.com, and site.com/forum would be the MyBB forum. How can I link the membership and usergroups to the main site? Or can this be done?

uCoz, for instance, allows people to make a site with registered members and have a forums page (theirs), and I can restrict not only forums people can see based on their usergroup, but also actual site pages as well.
No one has any idea? :/ Just trying to bump this thread to get some answers.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Restarting My Forum Site, Need A Partner Rуan 2 688 01-11-2012, 03:02 PM
Last Post: King
  [Help]MyBB Forum Theme Problem aGameStory 8 2,270 12-21-2011, 10:58 AM
Last Post: DaUB3R
  Need help with cookie path on a MyBB forum! Đενɨаηсε™ 0 1,095 01-18-2011, 08:59 PM
Last Post: Đενɨаηсε™
  [Help] Website error Mybb forum Verdande 2 927 12-12-2010, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Aridity
  want to create membership site helmut 10 2,279 11-12-2010, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Twicks