Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem in form
Ok,so I am devoloping a test program,that consists of a text box which you type in like stuff(kinda like a console).But only test1 opens.The rest doesnt.HELLPPPP

Public Class Form1

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
If TextBox1.Text = "test1" Then
Process.Start("My.Resources.test1")
If TextBox1.Text = "author" Then
MsgBox("made by Chuggaism")
End If
End If
End Sub
End Class

HELLPPPPWacko
Seriously,no freakin answer...
This forum is kinda dead at the moment, people was only active here due to the HF feather award. We, the loyal members of SF, it's kinda unfair for us.

I have no knowledge in VB, but try to post the whole source, I might figure it out.
(05-25-2013, 07:56 AM)Akai Wrote: This forum is kinda dead at the moment, people was only active here due to the HF feather award. We, the loyal members of SF, it's kinda unfair for us.

I have no knowledge in VB, but try to post the whole source, I might figure it out.

Unfair how? You only have 25 posts, I got my feather award at 1000 posts, way above the requirement, and a few thousand posts later, I was still an active member. I was here for the forum, but the administration is now absent on this forum, it's probably just going to end up being sold.

The solution to this issue isn't difficult to fix, if you understand that you're nesting that second if statement within the first. Now obviously the Text has to be "test1" before it would even evaluate the second if statement to check the text for "author." You explain how you expect the text to be "author" if that if statement logic dictates that it has to be "test1"... ?

Code:
If TextBox1.Text = "test1" Then
    Process.Start("My.Resources.test1")
    If TextBox1.Text = "author" Then
        MsgBox("made by Chuggaism")
    End If
End If

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [VB.NET] Animated Form Extend [SRC] Fragma 6 5,216 10-10-2013, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Saket
  Greation a promission for users in main form or setting deveco 2 859 11-13-2012, 01:33 PM
Last Post: TAHMINA123
  [Tutorial] Fade In / Out Form [Source] ₠o™ 4 1,174 12-09-2011, 01:21 AM
Last Post: ₠o™
  [Help]Connecting Form Windows milopeach 3 1,062 05-04-2011, 07:10 AM
Last Post: KoBE
  textBox1 on form1 = label1 on form 2? GW19191 5 2,645 11-06-2010, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Resistance