Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have a problem
My problem is i have windows 7 on my c drive. i have another drive that i want to install windows xp black edition on. i run setup for xp but i can't install it because i have a later version of windows. What should i do?
If you are attempting to install xp black on an external, then what os is currently on the external. and if its giving you the error of "later version of windows" that could mean your not pointing the installation toward the external drive. and it is refusing to overwrite windows 7.
Can you explain what exactly you are doing?

You should be able to dual boot with w7-XP if you install it on unpartitioned space using a windows XP installation disk without a problem.
You're going to have to point it to your external. Or, a new partition on the windows 7 drive.
If you have any problems with the forum, feel free to email me via the User CP, or send me a Private Message.
Okay thanks that worked!
Glad we could help Smile.
If you have any problems with the forum, feel free to email me via the User CP, or send me a Private Message.
Run the setup at boot, this bypasses any OS checks because the installer is assuming you don't have an OS.
(10-05-2009, 02:33 PM)St0rmW1nd Wrote: Run the setup at boot, this bypasses any OS checks because the installer is assuming you don't have an OS.

The problem has been solved.
Read the whole thread next time Thumbsup