Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need a new browser.
The one thing that annoys me about firefox is its update process. I have disabled updates and all notifications of updates, yet it still updates itself, and still prompts me when updates are available. This has been across multiple platforms and multiple installs.
LockerZ Invite Required? PM Me.
Visit TechBeat for the latest Technology News
[Image: jamzasigniture.jpg]
You should use Mozilla Firefox. It is more stable in my opinion.

If you prefer a more lightweight browser, then you can use Firefox Portable which you can use from your USB memory stick (leaves no trace) or copy onto the PC/laptop that you want to use it on.
(11-10-2009, 04:03 PM)Common Wrote: You should use Mozilla Firefox. It is more stable in my opinion.

If you prefer a more lightweight browser, then you can use Firefox Portable which you can use from your USB memory stick (leaves no trace) or copy onto the PC/laptop that you want to use it on.

Firefox is far from stable. It crashes more than any browser I've ever used.

It is really great, and extremely customizable, but saying it's stable is just not true. I guess that's where the "restore tabs" feature comes in to play.
[Image: MreGSXsigcopy.png]

(11-10-2009, 04:09 PM)MreGSX Wrote: Firefox is far from stable. It crashes more than any browser I've ever used.

In about 6 years of using Firefox, it crashed only 4 times for me....
Mostly the reason was a overloading script on a website and not any of my addons, and I have a lot.

Well that's my FF.
I use a lot of add-ons as well, including some experimental ones. Perhaps that's just my experience, but it did seem to crash quite often.

The pros out-weigh the cons, though.
[Image: MreGSXsigcopy.png]

(11-10-2009, 04:09 PM)MreGSX Wrote: Firefox is far from stable. It crashes more than any browser I've ever used.

It is really great, and extremely customizable, but saying it's stable is just not true. I guess that's where the "restore tabs" feature comes in to play.

I've been using firefox for over 2 years now, and it has only crashed twice.

I like the little features on it and after using IE for many years then finally giving in and switching to Firefox, I won't be going back to IE.
(11-10-2009, 08:05 AM)Etheryte Wrote: I've been using Firefox and Flock for years. If Fx isn't working for you, it's your fault, you've screwed the settings somewhere.

I never changed a thing in firefox. not the setting the addons or anything else and it crashes at least once a day.
(11-10-2009, 06:26 PM)Firestar Wrote: I never changed a thing in firefox. not the setting the addons or anything else and it crashes at least once a day.

What version do you have, and how long have you had it for?
(11-10-2009, 06:38 PM)Common Wrote: What version do you have, and how long have you had it for?

3.5.5. I have had this version about a month and other versions for about 5 months.
Where can I download the latest Opera?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's your favorite browser? Omniscient 294 101,212 12-25-2011, 01:27 PM
Last Post: Clones
  Choose Your Favorite Browser BreShiE 61 14,349 10-23-2011, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Muted
  Let's discuss web browser security. Elektrisk 6 1,437 06-20-2010, 03:06 PM
Last Post: Sam