Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Limited access with Safe mode
Hi everyone,

I have been having this problem with limited access with my internet. So I have done nearly everything told to me on forums. I have deleted mcafee, norton, photoshop, applications etc. I have restored the system to a previous date. I have disabled firewalls and antiviruses. I have an Acer Aspire with Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter. I only have wireless as I am sharing my internet and therefore can't test it with an Ethernet cable. I cannot switch on and off the modem box either.

I have this limited access which disappears by itself after a few minutes. Then it comes back again. I disable the wireless and enable it again which solves the problem for only a few minutes. I have checked my ip which is 192.168.1.20 with submask of 255 something - which I don't think is the problem.

At last, I have switched to Safe mode with Networking but even in this mode I still have limited access. The internet connection keeps cutting off and on all the time. What else can I do?
TCP/IP protocol can sometimes become corrupted and this can cause internet connection problems you can reset TCP/IP protocol to its original state by opening the "Command Prompt" as a administrator to do that type cmd.exe into Start Menu search box and right click the cmd.exe select Run as administrator and at the Command Prompt type netsh winsock reset press enter key and after resetting winsock restart your computer and check whether the problem is fixed if the problem is not fixed then open the Command Prompt as a Administrator and type netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt press enter key and restart your computer.
This thread is months old and the user hasn't visited since it was raised. Please keep an eye on creation dates.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Safe browsing tips for beginners BigdaddyV 9 1,480 10-17-2013, 09:23 PM
Last Post: sarvsav