Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cd drive not working
My cd drive not working I try unstaling it and it was still not working?
How can you uninstall CD drive?
Did you try to uninstall CD drive driver?
You'll probably have to reset the filters by removing their registry values and letting them re-create themselves upon next startup after a shutdown or reboot. As with anything though, registry backups should be saved and preferrably someplace directly on your Windows drive in a backup folder named by your choice. (Ex:/ Reg_Bakups, etc...)

If you uninstalled it, make sure it's reinstalled for starters. And i'm assuming it did work at one point in time.

1) Open RegEdit
2) Navigate to this registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
3) Double check to make sure that the default value is DVD/CD-ROM to see if you are in the correct location or not before we make any changes... Otherwise, just double check to make sure that in the bottom of the window in the status bar, that it is showing you the location that I have provided to you.
4) In the pane on the right with this key selected in the left, you will want to delete the UpperFilters registry value if it exists.
5) You will also want to delete the LowerFilters registry value if it exists.
6) Exit RegEdit and restart your computer.
How do I reinstall my CD drive in Windows 10?