Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Computer Crashing with Black screen
I currently Have a AMD Radeon HD 6950 - 2GB - Single Card and ASUS Sabertooth X58 mother board. I came across the problem when my computer just randomly went black screen but the system was still on and running just no visual. I checked to see if it was the video card and tried it in a new slot, this fixed the video for awhile but then also crashed. When it crash's a light on the mother board will come on that is ment to indicate that there is no video card in a slot. If i switch it to another slot (so swapping slots) it will work for a little while. I exchanged the mother board for a new one thinking it was something with the mother board. The same problem is occurring with the brand new one. The system is never near over heating and has a 800 W power supply. Anyone know what is goin on?
Check for the driver update from official website. It might be possible that you need to update graphic driver along with your OS.
After checking for driver updates concerning your video-card, you may want to try another video-card (presumably utilizing PCI Express) in one (or more than one) of PCI slots on your motherboard in order to deduce if it is a video-card error; you ought to do this after you check for driver updates, and install them, if there are any. If you do not have a spare video-card about, you could utilize your motherboard's built-in graphical display (the ASUS Sabertooth X58 has this capability), and see if you still receive crashes.

If all else fails, it *may* be a motherboard issue, although unlikely from what you have posited insofar.
Most probably, it is looking like it is the problem of driver updates.. You need to update drivers from some trusted source compatible with your windows.. You can review the procedure of updating drivers also by consulting some technical experts as quite a few times I had consult Click4Support and Geek Squad for technical issues and this method of taking help usually turns useful...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [WINDOWS 7]Black Screen of Death Peter L 10 2,004 04-04-2011, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Beautiful