Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to do after highschool?
I just started my Senior year and I really don't have much of an idea as to what I want to do with my life after high school. I really would like to go to college but I slacked off my other three years and got terrible grades. I've already failed 5 classes in my highschool career. I did score well on my ACTs... I got a 24 which is a little above average. I just don't apply myself, but I am for sure going to work my ass off this year to get amazing grades and I may even retake my ACT. I still don't know what I want to do though, right now I'm thinking Electrician because that may be the only thing I can get into, but I would really like to be an electrical engineer, like the type of people who work with small electronics, building-repairing-tinkering with electrical equipment. But I also like being on the computer a lot... I enjoy teaching myself how to program although I haven't really progressed with that. I love the idea of making video games too. I just really want to do something in the electronics area. I also don't know what are good
jobs that will pay well when I do end up graduating, if i even go to college.
A little help from you guys would be great!
You'll have no troubles finding a job in programming if you can learn it. Companies are constantly looking for programmers and they have some of the most amazing workplaces. Granted, you have to be good at it. You need to go to a strong computer programming school. I took a class at my college but it was terrible and I knew that the programming department at my school was equally as bad so I decided it wasn't worth it.
Yeah, my high school doesn't have anything for programming. And I get bored with it and couldn't see myself doing it. I can't sit at a computer all day.
(08-23-2012, 09:42 PM)bear_up Wrote: I just started my Senior year and I really don't have much of an idea as to what I want to do with my life after high school. I really would like to go to college but I slacked off my other three years and got terrible grades. I've already failed 5 classes in my highschool career.
The past doesn't matter, just try to make the best of the present, you can still do well.
(08-23-2012, 09:42 PM)bear_up Wrote: I did score well on my ACTs... I got a 24 which is a little above average. I just don't apply myself, but I am for sure going to work my ass off this year to get amazing grades and I may even retake my ACT.
Then you have my respect, you can still redeem yourself but make sure you stick to it. When you break a promise you made to yourself things can get a little hairy.
(08-23-2012, 09:42 PM)bear_up Wrote: I still don't know what I want to do though, right now I'm thinking Electrician because that may be the only thing I can get into, but I would really like to be an electrical engineer, like the type of people who work with small electronics, building-repairing-tinkering with electrical equipment.
Don't have that 'I can only get into this' attitude, go for what really makes you happy and you will get it. You can do it, trust me.
(08-23-2012, 09:42 PM)bear_up Wrote: But I also like being on the computer a lot... I enjoy teaching myself how to program although I haven't really progressed with that. I love the idea of making video games too. I just really want to do something in the electronics area. I also don't know what are good
jobs that will pay well when I do end up graduating, if i even go to college.
A little help from you guys would be great!
Maybe you could be a video-game designer/coder or something like that? We can't tell you what job you want to do, only you know what you enjoy!
[Image: tumblr_lwohbb3KEe1qbbz7yo1_400.gif]
Do something you enjoy, and do it to your best, and I'm sure you will come out successful.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  (American) HighSchool/Electives/Diploma/College [HELP] Reece 2 1,722 02-28-2010, 03:34 AM
Last Post: Foresight