Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Indian 'Windows Event Viewer' Scam
By this point, I'm sure most of you have already heard about the Indian-based telemarketing scam known as Windows Event Viewer or simply 'eventvwr', which offers users of its Windows operating system virus protection.

If you haven't, the scam involves an Indian-based telemarketer requesting the user's authority to run a Windows program by the same name in order to fix bugs in the operating system. The caller claims they can remove the virus for a fee and ask for people's credit card details to purchase the virus removal software.

I've heard of a handful of people that have received this phone call and quickly hung up. When I answered mine today for the first time, I had a little fun with it, given I already knew the circumstances and had some free time. Have a listen! (skip to the last 3 minutes if you're not interested in hearing the entire call)

http://soundcloud.com/user443213988/indian-scam
There are some fake anti virus software which were developed by hackers. We don't have to trust them. If anyone need online computer support, they have to choose the trusty service provider, who has good popularity in the public.
It's amazing how many of these go round. We get quite a few every now and then.
I only download .exe type downloads from trusted websites/companies.
lol it's crazy how patient he was in the beginning...

LMAO at the end. This reminds me of scambaiting or w/e it's called.
gaming forum for n00bs and pros alike.
That was the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard! I am so putting this into a song of mine. Hey is it possible you can send me a link to download this somewhere @ OP
[Image: t5BWm.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Guide for RS 07 Halloween Event 2020: Way to Gain Pumpkin Rewards & More rs3gold5 0 425 10-26-2020, 08:05 PM
Last Post: rs3gold5
  Participate in RS3 Wintumber Warmer Event from Jan. 2nd to Enjoy XP Boost rs3gold5 0 427 12-26-2019, 02:44 AM
Last Post: rs3gold5
  Click4Support Scam Alert: Be Wary of Gift Cards TobyCordova 0 404 01-27-2015, 03:08 AM
Last Post: TobyCordova
  Windows Photo Viewer Problem Resistance 5 1,084 09-28-2010, 03:28 AM
Last Post: Zurmi