Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summer job..
Well, summer is just around the corner. I'm thinking about getting a job over the summer, to get some working experience. I'm just wondering, is it easy landing a job during this busy time? Also i'm not completely sure how I should go with this. Should I submit a bunch of job applications online to stores nearby? Or should I go to the stores in person and try to get an application.
I've never officially worked in my life, so i'm not sure what the procedures are. Can someone give me some information on it?

Also i'm 16 years old. Is this an eligible age to work? I live in Sacramento California.
i would try to go to stores and get an application. you should have started looking for the job a little before this time. right now people are all looking for a quick summer job.
Before you fill out any applications, make sure you have a resume. Even if you have no prior work experience, employers will notice the extra effort you put forth to make one. You can try going to stores to ask for applications, but most places today will tell you to apply online. Unfortunately, the job market is very competitive at the moment, and employers might be weary about hiring a 16 year old. Don't let that stop you from applying though. Your best option right now might be to check if you school offers any internship programs that way you'll have work experience by next summer and a much better chance of landing a job. Good luck.
[Image: 1blQe]
Don't do it online, one of the most important parts is actually going to the actual physical place and talking through what your going to do, I don't even understand why would you apply online.
Doing online is usually a requirement but if that's the only way, have a resume ready, go there & talk to manager/hiring manager.
A developer, thinker & bliss guy that tries his hardest to enjoy life ~~~

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Plans for Summer? Kewlz 20 2,489 03-29-2012, 07:59 PM
Last Post: Soldier
  Got A Job :D BreShiE 31 3,340 03-28-2012, 08:47 AM
Last Post: BreShiE
  Job when your older... DaUB3R 16 1,860 12-25-2011, 06:35 AM
Last Post: Alside
  Your first job alabama 16 1,907 10-08-2011, 06:23 AM
Last Post: iRun
  15 year old trying to find a job Psychosis 36 10,743 09-28-2011, 04:34 PM