Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Energy Consumption
Assuming that it takes my teacher 8.00 minutes to grade and read my project (8 pages of paper), what would be more energy efficient; submitting this assignment online (teacher READS it online), or printing it out on paper (account for energy to produce paper, print it, ect)? Show what calculations you made and the datat you collected to support your answer. This needs to be very organized/methodical.

Guys, I would appreciate it a TON if you could help me figure this out. I've been looking for 45 mintues and I can't seem to find a good answer, or any calculation.
I figure it would be submitting online, but I have NO proof, to back me up.

Thank you.
Paper, takes a lot of processing, a lot of cars and trucks to drive them, a lot of money wasted to cut down wood, a lot of this and that, and sometimes death situations. That is a lot of energy for someones health, for someones work to cut them down, for someone working at the company, for someone to handle the machines.

Now, Computer. It's all made by companies, and it's a different story. Wasting money on workers, and geniuses doing it is better because the computer is just using watts and electricity which you are paying for, and it automatically shows up on this LCD monitor with your essay! I mean, paper = print, turn in, recycle, waste time to reuse etc, why not just email it?!

So yeah, Reads online = Better.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Science, kinetic energy+frequency formula help... Resistance 7 5,057 12-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity