Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laptop won't turn on or charge
Alright, so, my friend has a Zaio model pcg-61a12l laptop running on Windows 7. Earlier today we were at school trying to use it but it wouldn't turn on and she didn't have the charger. We just assumed it had died.
She took it home, and told me that she tried to plug in her laptop and it would not charge. The light on the charger is on, so it's not plugged into the wrong outlet or anything, but the laptop is not receiving any charge and is still not turning on.

She's freaking out because it's a pretty expensive laptop and doesn't want her father to get mad about it.

I asked if she had downloaded anything or banged it against something and she said she hasn't. That she had even tried taking the battery out and putting it back in and it still won't work.

Any ideas? It's hard because I don't have the laptop with me, I'm on the phone with her /: But I'll have it tomorrow if it's not working then, so any ideas will be MUCH appreciated.

She's only had it for about a month
It is probably the battery.
Try getting it replaced.
Edit:
I'm probably wrong,
If you charge a Laptop, and take out the battery, it should still run. It might be a hardware probably, probably full wired connection with the hardware inside (motherboard, etc..)
[Image: 120x60_SF.gif]
Could be power cord of the AC adapter inside laptop.
Try another outlet.
Take out the battery and try it with the ac adapter\power cord plugged in.
Try another AC Adapter or Power Cord.
One of the two is probably faulty. Here is some other solutions you may try: http://www.techyv.com/questions/toshiba-...-wont-turn
It is probably the battery.
Try getting it replaced.