Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I made a forum; what legal documents do I need
I made a forum for Xbox/PS3/game modding (exploiting), e-marketplace, and a upgrade service (upgrade to premium). Since it's a modding forum and I offer the upgrade user service I know I need legal documents. But this is my first forum so I don't know for sure. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Do I need any of these:

Privacy Policy
Legal Disclaimer
Terms of Service

and since I have MyBB wouldn't the ToS be in the registration process (the first step). So when I make my help document do I label it "Legal Policies" and put the privacy policy in it along with legal disclaimer or ToS too? Is there anyway I can get a free privacy policy and legal disclaimer? I would pay someone if they could do all of this for me.
You can make any of those thread yourself.
You don't actually need any.
(05-12-2012, 03:07 PM)Diabolic Wrote: You can make any of those thread yourself.
You don't actually need any.
If someone can make me them I will pay. Smile
I could work on some for you but depends on what you want in them.
Your Terms of Service(TOS) for your site could be anything that you wish.
Disclaimer will have to be something about your forum also.
Privacy Policy is just about Privacy on your forum which I'm sure you can create?
Omni or Damink can answer this best tbh. I guess you should talk with a lawyer.
If you are willing to join SF Webmasters.
You don't really need a Lawyer until your forum goes big.
Damink runs a forum and I guess he'll be able to give you an insight if you wished to make the documents yourself.
I can make those documents for you Smile Just PM me if interested Smile)

P.S - you DONT need a lawyer for this..
[Image: IYOy9.png]
You don't need a lawyer until you actually get sued and then you should consider hiring one. You can check out the following website for free legal document templates for your site/service or forum etc.. I'm sure one of Omni's forums uses it's legal documents source from here too. Here it is: http://www.freenetlaw.com/free-templates/

Privacy statement
Website terms and conditions
Website disclaimer
Copyright notice
Cookies policy
Anti-spam policy
Linking policy
Medical disclaimer
Legal disclaimer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I made a new forum and I need your opinion Bill Nye The Science Guy 2 650 03-01-2012, 10:03 AM
Last Post: Soldier